Happy Heating

crumlin

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't had a gas bill for over £50 in the past 18 months. Well apart from one estimated bill for £115 before Christmas, but the following one was a credit for £80.

I don't have a clue what I am doing wrong, I sure as heck don't like feeling cold.

You guys are depressing the hell out of me. I've got a bill on the side that just dropped through the door at the weekend for over £200 and that's a real reading from Mid Jan to Mid March. This one is £50 dearer than the last and now your telling me they are putting it up in price - thanks - where are the razor blades.

I suggest everyone gets an Oil boiler installed. problem solved.

Not everyone has that option. I'm in rented property now, I can't dictate what heating my landlord puts in.

Summer soon so you will not be using it as much, just wear long johns and plenty of hot water bottles to beat the freeze lol.

The only answer is to do what they do in the UK and have more than one supplier, it is the only way to force the prices down.

It is not Healthy to have one gas company, one phone company and one electricty company, if this was the uk they would not be able to operate like this.

I would love to know the average living costs of a family in the uk and a family here, i bet the living costs would be very close.

I'm on gas heating and had a quote to change to oil in the order of £3500.

This would also mean trying to cram an ugly green blob somewhere in the garden and take up floor space in the garage.

Calculating the difference in running costs between gas and oil (according to the OFT data) works out that to recover the cost of conversion (difference between oil and a new gas boiler) would take some 112 years !

No-one seems to mention how much oil has gone up,

just the usual gas and electricity bashing.

I'm gonna get some stick for saying this... But. Don't we seem to be going soft? Everyone seems to be moaning about being cold all the time. You go into any Bank or Office and it's roasting hot. Shops are the same. What happened to putting sensible clothes on when it's cold out?

Sure, it's real nice to go into Government offices and see all those ladies in their short skirts and see thru blouses while it's minus three outside and blowing a gale. But when when we get home we expect to whack the thermostat up and have the same temperature in our houses and that's where the problems start.

Because most of us are used to being warm all day we feel the cold more. My wife works in a bank that has an average temperature similar to that of the equator, then she moans that our house is cold when it's at the same temperature as a Californian summer.

What I'm trying to say is why waste so much on heating fuel? Just wrap up warm when it's cold outside and spend more time sorting out the drafts around your home instead of worrying about how much gas you can force feed your boiler.

How do you think mankind survived before gas and oil were invented?

:ph34r:

Archived