Louis Theroux And The Phelps Family

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The girl who was kicked out seemed remarkably calm and collected considering the considerable disillusion of her sister and the remainder of her family.

I would have thought that the protesters would get into more trouble for picketing funerals. Never mind the first amendment - that must be classed as aggravating behaviour or seeking to incite hatred. It would be interesting to see how the Court would view it if one of them got belted.

Anyway, in summary, I was shocked and appalled in equal measures. Good old Louis.

I recorded it.

Watched a great thing on Sky Atlantic about Temple Grandin. It was fascinating.

I was going to ask that no one spoils it for me until I have watched it, but too late!

The woman who has left, appeared to be quite reasonable the first time around. What concerns me the most was that the extremist young woman, who was also interviewed the first time around, is a nurse. I really wouldn't want her to look after me. Her attitude was to rejoice when a soldier was killed because that was "God's judgement" or that if someone died of cancer or in an RTA that was also a source of rejoicing. She's a couple of over-doses away from 'doing God's judgement' for him. Muslim fundamentalists? Christian fundamentalists... they are all the same. Compelling viewing but in a train-wreck kind of way.

I feel so sorry for the kids.

There are a lot of tv programs focussing on radical religion at the moment. The media is more interested in shock value to secure ratings than the wider impact it could have on tensions in the community.

Archived