April Fool?

lectro

"Manx Telecom may be about to quadruple the speed of its retail customers' broadband internet connections.

It follows new British Telecom plans to do the same, without an increase in charges.

Manx Telecom has now fitted all exchanges with broadband equipment.

Product Manager Graham Shimmin says MT will consider the position and make an announcement in the next few months: "

If it is an April Fool then it's better than the ones that have been running on 3FM and MR news this morning.

ADSL is provided by different companies no matter which ISP you choose. Manx Telecom provide ADSL from your premises to your chosen ISP. Your external bandwidth is then provided by the chosen ISP.

If Manx Telecom decide to do gratis upgrades from 512 to 1Mbit or 2 Mbit, will that include external bandwidth as provided by Manxnet, MCB, Domicilium?

I hope they do quadruple it. I'll start online gameing again if they do.

I can't see it happening though.

Still fingers crossed eh?

• 1 month later...

A colleague of mine rang MT the other day to see about increasing to 2Mb, the guy at MT they spoke to said customers within the required distance (3.5Km I think) will automatically get upgraded to 2Mb and the rest to 1Mb in due course.

I've also heard rumours that some customers have already been upgraded without realising it as a trial.

Maybe worth checking your connection speed!!!

Whenever it comes it won't be too soon!! :lol:

Archived