The Burning Of The Koran

La_Dolce_Vita

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont see how you can call either side nutters.

We should have evolved beyond violence by now. But our governments still pay people to kill other people. That seems nuts to me.

Governments should lead by example I say.

Because the burning of the Koran was intended to incite racial violence. Maybe not in the UK, but somewhere. It happened in Afghanistan last week after that silly American preacher burnt a Koran.

But while the UK government tell us the BNP are a bunch of bigots etc, the Government itself dismisses civilian deaths in it's various wars as "unfortunate".

If you were a Iraqi Muslim, and your family had been wiped out by a stray allied bomb, would you not feel rather angry if you read a report about a member of a uk political party burning your holy book?

Of course you would.

But if the UK government had not dropped any bombs on your country, or fellow Muslim countries, I suspect you would be more inclined to say "Wow, that guy's a nutter", and laugh it off....

I don't think they are insane, but I do mean that they are acting like children.

But it doesn't matter if something is done that incites violence. The act itself is not violent. If people lose their heads over a book burning then it is their responsibility if they act violently.

It isn't about racial violence anyway, it is about violence that is religiously motivated.

I don't know why you are making a connection between Iraq and Afghanistan with a book burning. Are you saying that whilst the West kills people in these countries the citizens of the West should be careful not to offend the civilians in Iraq or Afghanistan or even that it might incite such people to violence against troops? Such arguments are very silly.

The West has always been violent against these people. What some people do in this country is of little consequence to their situation.

But yeah, IF I was a Christian or Muslim I would probably be offended if the books of scripture were burned. But that wouldn't justify me in being violent.

I didn't understand the meaning of your last sentence though, are you talking about the poppy story now?

I didn't understand the meaning of your last sentence though, are you talking about the poppy story now?

The UK has been dropping bombs on people for hundreds of years. It is a world class bully. The English in particular seem to be of the opinion "our way is the right way". And that can still be witnessed in any "ex pat" pub in any corner of the Globe on any Saturday night.

The world hatred of the UK goes way further back than the past few years.

Yes, I'd agree. But it's still petty, childish, and nasty to burn poppies. Although many people have the wrong idea about the role of Armed Forces in its history as something to be proud about, there poppies are primarily a symbol of remembrance. And they are especially in remembrance of those who died in WW1 and WW2 and who just normal people who were conscripted in such wars.

They were not oppressors, they were not murderers, etc.

Remembrance Day is so primarily connected with these World Wars and the deaths involved, so protesting on this day seems to stupid and a result of misdirection.

Whereas if Muslim tried to protest against Armed Forces Day, that would be well directed.

I wouldn't single out the English though, the Scots were just as involved in colonisation. No doubt the Manx weren't any different.

All fought for Britain and do today.

The Lord tells us that we must not make any craven image and worship it.

Yet in spite of the FALSE claim that Islam is an Abrahamic religion Muslims are murdering people totally unconnected with the Qur'an burning that recently took place in the US.

Surely what is written IN the Qur'an should be what is important to them, not a copy of the book itself? Burning a book that is in any case only “one of n” (where n is exceeding large) is utterly immaterial to anything, it doesn't in any way affect what is written in the Qur'an so how can the destruction of a few copies be of any significance?

That apart the Qur'an in question is only one of a number of versions since despite the claims to the contrary there are a number of versions of the Qur'an with changes between them.

The warped logic of those who behead the people who do burn the horrible thing because in their ideology disrespecting their beliefs is a capital crime is bad enough, but to extract vengeance on people totally disconnected with an act that they find so offensive? Quite apart from anything else it's bizarre.

Maybe it would be best in future to burn copies of the Qur'an on a bed of burning bibles because to us The Bible as a book is of absolutely no importance. It is the content that is the pearl beyond price. But then, unlike Muslims, we obey the commandments of the Lord, and The Lord is not Mohammed, the inventor of Islam, and certainly not its “Allah”.

We do not make craven images and worship them.

The Lord tells us that we must not make any craven image and worship it.

Ahhhh...does that mean I can't watch John Craven anymore? But he's such a nice man and kind to the bunny wunnys and all that.

LOL!

I can think of many reasons not to watch John Craven and many more not to worship him!

Surely what is written IN the Qur'an should be what is important to them, not a copy of the book itself? Burning a book that is in any case only “one of n” (where n is exceeding large) is utterly immaterial to anything, it doesn't in any way affect what is written in the Qur'an so how can the destruction of a few copies be of any significance?

Tell me what your honest reaction would be if someone pooed in your garden and then wiped their arse in front of you with Matthew, Chapters 5, Verses 14-19. And no, I don't know if that's a real section of the book. Decency laws aside, would you not be somewhat morally outraged?

Ahh Mathew 5 14-19

You are the light of the world. A city set on a mountain cannot be hidden.

Nor do they light a lamp and then put it under a bushel basket; it is set on a lampstand, where it gives light to all in the house.

Just so, your light must shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your heavenly Father.

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill.

Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place.

Therefore, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do so will be called least in the kingdom of heaven. But whoever obeys and teaches these commandments will be called greatest in the kingdom of heaven

ETA - I have no idea what that means.

Archived