The Burning Of The Koran

La_Dolce_Vita

Manx as in Manx blood line. I don't believe in nationality by birth alone.

Which makes your definition of nationality rather uncommon in that most people who consider themselves to be of a nationality do not have such an identity rest on primarily on their bloodline. Besides, the vast majority of Manx today have English, Irish, and Scottish blood.

Besides, I think if you have non-Celtic lineage on your paternal side then this polluted blood of Scandinavians definitely makes you less Manx than those who don't.

I believe you should have to have a blood line somewhere in there as well. Something that connects you to the Manx people.
You need to have a blood line that connects you to people who have to have a bloodline that connects to certain people, etc.?

As Christianity goes out the window the Isle of Man will morally decline further and further has it has begun to already. The Isle of Man will end up being a terrible place to raise a child like in England.
Christianity is not required to be moral. Prove it if you think so. And there is no evidence to show that non-Christian societies are less moral, in terms of theft, violence, murder, rape, etc.

Atheism is in itself a religion that is about the individual, what the individual wants no matter what.
You don't understand what atheism is.
Atheism has resulted in the mass murder of million of unborn baby boys and girls, atheism is trying to legalise suicide, atheism is trying to force the homosexual agenda on everyone in society including children, atheism is just plain wrong.
These opinions only further confirm your lack of understanding of what atheism is and probably what liberalism is. A perfect example though of how religion shapes an understanding that is so detached from reality.

How long have you wasted your time on Christianity?

Atheism is most certainly not a religion though. It has no dogma, no rules, no code, etc. It is just a reference to disbelief.

You clearly know nothing.

The Manx were not the Manx till the Vikings came. The Manx are the marriage of the Viking and Celtic people. The word Manx comes from Manks. Manks used to be Mansk, the same as Dansk. Today's Manx people, are a mix of Celtic and Viking, not a single Manx person will only have Celtic blood in them. A lot of Manx surnames are Viking in origin, Corlett, Corrin, Corkill, Corteen, Bridson, Gorry, etc.

I'm not saying you need to have Manx bloodlines in all directions just a blood line in there somewhere.

Now on to Christianity.

You are stupid if you think there is no evidence to show that a decline in Christianity leads to a rise in immorality.

In the Manx millennial year of 1979 on Tynwald day there were only 18 people in Prison. In 2011, there around 100-125 constantly in prison. Close to a seven fold increase. Has the Islands population increased seven fold since 1979? No, nowhere near that.

Since Christianity has declined there has been an increase in rapes, violent crime, theft, murder, paedophilia, divorce, society has gone rotten to the core.

Atheism has resulted in more deaths than that done by the Nazis.

As for how much time I have wasted on the Bible? Not enough, I wish I had had the Bible in my life from when I was born. I will hold fast to the Bible which is Gods word to the day that I die.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since Christianity has declined there has been an increase in rapes, paedophilia, society has gone rotten to the core.

Yes because the people are not scared of reporting there preist anymore for the fear of god after they been buggered in the name of the lord

That's just nonsense. On so many different levels.

In which case you should have no problem in elucidating your claim. Keigmeister does have some prima facie evidence for his claim so it is up to you to show where and why such evidence is flawed.

Just because he didn't quote his evidence doesn't mean it doesn't exist - it clearly does. The second and third of your items do not relate directly to the veracity or otherwise of Keigmeister's statement but could form the basis of one or more other threads.

You'll have to admit that it is difficult for me to elucidate my claim when, as you agree, the contrary evidence has not been displayed!

"The homosexual agenda". I honestly don't know what is meant by this. I haven't 'subscribed' to a homosexual agenda any more than I have subscribed to a 'sexual equality agenda', 'racial equality agenda', 'men not beating women agenda' (or 'visa-versa agenda'). It is very relevant because that is what was commented upon.

You mentioned Section 28 as evidence so I responded to that. This appears to be the 'closest' evidence to 'atheists promoting homosexuality to children'. I dispute that atheists 'promote homosexuality to children'.

Since Christianity has declined there has been an increase in rapes, paedophilia, society has gone rotten to the core.

Yes because the people are not scared of reporting there preist anymore for the fear of god after they been buggered in the name of the lord

All of these paedophile priests in the Catholic church are not Christian at all, no Christian would ever do anything like that.

All of these paedophile priests in the Catholic church are not Christian at all, no Christian would ever do anything like that.

ha ha ha i do love that answer.

once again side stepping it, o but there more christion than you because they work direct to god, god must approve of such things or they would not be allowed to work under him as his messanger,

But the agnostic atheist does not think something to be. The atheist is not making a claim about a God NOT existing, only that they have no evidence or no good evidence with which to form a belief. That's not belief.

The atheist believes something not to be - this is just as much a belief as believing something to be is. An agnostic says they do not know whether some claim or other is correct or not - this is itself a statement of the belief that "I do not know". Beliefs are what our minds tell us is the case and not knowing is as much a belief as believing or not believing something is. Everything is belief, one way or another.

The true agnostic questions. That is not 'belief' - at least not in any normally accepted sense.

The true agnostic questions. That is not 'belief' - at least not in any normally accepted sense.

The true agnostic says "I do not know" - this is indeed a statement of belief (the agnostic may well know something but not recognise that they know it).

And what is the "normally accepted sense"?

You clearly know nothing. The Manx were not the Manx till the Vikings came. The Manx are the marriage of the Viking and Celtic people. The word Manx comes from Manks. Manks used to be Mansk, the same as Dansk. Today's Manx people, are a mix of Celtic and Viking, not a single Manx person will only have Celtic blood in them. A lot of Manx surnames are Viking in origin, Corlett, Corrin, Corkill, Corteen, Bridson, Gorry, etc.
I'm taking the piss.

I'm not saying you need to have Manx bloodlines in all directions just a blood line in there somewhere.
Oh, so if my great, great grandmother was Manx and her lineage goes all the way back many hundred of years then that would make me Manx? What if I was born in England and lived there most of my life? What if I couldn't give a shit about the Isle of Man and was supportive of British interests against the Island? What if I had Manx bloodlines, but considered myself to British and not Manx?

Now on to Christianity.

You are stupid if you think there is no evidence to show that a decline in Christianity leads to a rise in immorality.

In the Manx millennial year of 1979 on Tynwald day there were only 18 people in Prison. In 2011, there around 100-125 constantly in prison. Close to a seven fold increase. Has the Islands population increased seven fold since 1979? No, nowhere near that.

Since Christianity has declined there has been an increase in rapes, violent crime, theft, murder, paedophilia, divorce, society has gone rotten to the core.

Do you have any evidence that there is a direct causal relationship between the decrease in religious belief and increase in crime? That is what would be required to form a convincing argument. The mere fact that crime has risen is not enough and population has not increase proportionally is not compelling. I can personally think of some good reasons, but please go on and fatten up your flimsy argument.

Strangely, considering that the number of criminals in the United States are far more likely to be Christians than atheists, taking into account the obviously higher number of Christians does make me wonder why believers are more prone to do bad things.

As for how much time I have wasted on the Bible? Not enough, I wish I had had the Bible in my life from when I was born. I will hold fast to the Bible which is Gods word to the day that I die.
How old are you? I hope for your sake you're not young.

But the agnostic atheist does not think something to be. The atheist is not making a claim about a God NOT existing, only that they have no evidence or no good evidence with which to form a belief. That's not belief.

The atheist believes something not to be - this is just as much a belief as believing something to be is. An agnostic says they do not know whether some claim or other is correct or not - this is itself a statement of the belief that "I do not know". Beliefs are what our minds tell us is the case and not knowing is as much a belief as believing or not believing something is. Everything is belief, one way or another.

I don't agree on your definition at all. In fact, it sounds rather contradictory. I don't consider myself to have a belief because I do not believe in particles that have not been discovered yet, in planets that haven't been discovered yet, etc. In the same way, I do not have a belief because I DON'T have a belief about Apollo (the God) or pixies and sprites. My understanding of the world is formed and shaped by my beliefs and what I don't believe. But the latter do not consider beliefs - those things I considered to be true or false.

The true agnostic says "I do not know" - this is indeed a statement of belief (the agnostic may well know something but not recognise that they know it).

And what is the "normally accepted sense"?

Saying you don't know is a position on knowledge, not belief. Whatever the agnostic might know may not not form a position on something being true or false.

Archived