I've Become A Royalist!

Keith

I've never specifically been a republican but wasn't a monarchist either, I pretty much didn't care.

But I've had an epiphany! Total convert!! Good old William and thingy-what's-her-name!

Assuming the cost of the Royal Family is the same for Manx tax payers as it is for the UK, it is 62 pence each per year.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/theroyalfamily/7872052/Cost-of-Royal-Family-drops-7p-per-person.html

If you earn minimum wage of £6.10 and work eight hours per day, then the additional Bank Holiday is worth £48.80

48.80 'bank holiday pay' divided by Royals tax cost per year of 0.62=78.7

You'd have to work for more than 78 years before the Royal Family cost anything! :rolleyes: And that's just for minimum wage earners. Earn more than that and the 'bonus' gets better.

With a bit of luck, we'll get another Bank Holiday when William becomes king, so as long as his mum goes before I retire, I'll be quids in!

But I've had an epiphany! Total convert!! Good old William and thingy-what's-her-name! Assuming the cost of the Royal Family is the same for Manx tax payers as it is for the UK, it is 62 pence each per year.

Bully for you old chap. Totally agree. I would much rather have our colourful Royals as head of State than some dour President. Amazing how many Prime Ministers the Queen has outlived!

Good for u kieth, I hope you enjoy your new found status as a royalist!

ID LIKE TO DROP MY TROUSERS TO THE QUEEN EVERY SENSIBLE CHILD WILL KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS, THE POOR AND THE NEEDY ARE SELFISH AND GREEDY ON HER TERMS - - - MORRISSEY :)

Im not a fan of the royal family myself, the way they stampede thru the coutry side terrorising the beautifull wildlife and slautering little foxes in the name of entertaiment is simply monsterous !!!!!! :angry::(

Amazing how many Prime Ministers the Queen has outlived

Why is that at all amazing given (a) she ascended to the throne at the age of 25, (b) the electorate have the ability to throw out prime ministers and © the electorate do not have the ability to throw out the queen.

Well done her for ... errr ... staying alive. It's an amazing achievement

His Mum died in 1997, you might have missed it, they didn't make much fuss.

LOL! oops! I was getting too excited at realising I'd be in credit :rolleyes:

Im not a fan of the royal family myself, the way they stampede thru the coutry side terrorising the beautifull wildlife and slautering little foxes in the name of entertaiment is simply monsterous !!!!!! :angry::(

So foxes that live in London and go through your bins and maul babies are to be treated as vermin and poisoned like rats but those that live in the countryside are gentrified? Incidentally, do you hold much sympathy for rats locally?

I think a far worse crime is eating cheap battery/farmed meat like

http://www.animalactivism.org/campaigns/rspca-cruelty/Photo_Gallery_46.php?v=1&p=26

. At least the fox had a life.

Archived