Peugeot 205Gti

Overdose

1993 1.9 Peugeot 205 GTI in Graphite Grey, only reason it’s for sale is to make way for a new car. It’s been my daily since I bought it in June last year and has been a rolling project. Great fun to drive and the handling is a superb as to be expected. Taxed until 31st May.

The car is in average condition for a car that’s 18 years old. I’ve slowly been working through any problems the car had when I bought it although there are still a couple of small issues to sort out. The interior is standard red carpets with half leather seats and uncut parcel shelf.

Since owning it I have fitted a new cam belt, belt tensioner, water pump, radiator fan switch, new ECU temp sender and new battery. The alternator has been replaced, radiator replaced, radiator fan rewired, drivers side electric window motor replaced, central locking fixed, heater fixed and the idle issue sorted out. I've also fitted a towbar with electrics so I could tow my bike trailer. New Falken 912 tyres and pads all round about 500 miles ago.

Body work wise it’s a sunroof model (no leaks) and there’s very little in the way of rust just a couple of small patches, the underside of the car is as solid as they come. Paint is a bit tatty and could do with a blow over at some point (if it bothers you that much). Comes with the usual 15” Speedline alloys with two or three spares. Everything throughout the car is standard.

Other jobs that still require attention are:

Rattly water pump or belt tensioner, despite being changed last year.

Pipework from slam panel to air filter missing.

£900 ovno.

IMG_5587.jpg

IMG_5586.jpg

IMG_5581.jpg

IMG_5578.jpg

IMG_4621.jpg

IMG_4622.jpg

I'm tempted if only out of nostalgia's sake. I worked for an oil company in the 1990s and us contractors were given 205s to travel to work each day - 60 mile round trip.

Being a company car we absolutely hammered them and raced to work each morning over the moorland roads. It was like something out of the wacky races. The pièce de résistance was trying for a four wheel lift off a hump in the road which you could do if you managed the correct revs and speed coming round the previous corner at about 95mph.

Despite the wanton abuse we gave those vehicles, they never let us down once, and were used every single day like that for a number of years. Maybe I should have given my story to Peugeot.

Sorry for the interruption. I hope it sells.

Archived