Rude Awakening...

Amadeus

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only on here would a thread move from a police incident to shoes & pensions :rolleyes:

If someone could now mention speed limits, the steam packet & smoking, I could declare the thread complete.

Only on here would a thread move from a police incident to shoes & pensions :rolleyes:

If someone could now mention speed limits, the steam packet & smoking, I could declare the thread complete.

What about the Monorail, you have forgotten the Monorail.

Ah well. At least they can retire in their 40s, with a massive lump sum and/or a pension.

And take a cushy overpaid position created especially for them by their relatives or fellow freemasons.

I don't think there are any Police Officers still Freemasons,So are you able to name ,names or are you just another rumour monger? With a grudge against Freemasons?

Ah well. At least they can retire in their 40s, with a massive lump sum and/or a pension.

And take a cushy overpaid position created especially for them by their relatives or fellow freemasons.

I don't think there are any Police Officers still Freemasons,So are you able to name ,names or are you just another rumour monger? With a grudge against Freemasons?

Yes

And white dog poo and the Felt Museum

green_tick.png

I don't know why it has to be 'white' can't we just go with the traditional 'dawg shit' and keep it generic rather than the stereotypical white?

I don't know why it has to be 'white' can't we just go with the traditional 'dawg shit' and keep it generic rather than the stereotypical white?

I have a question about white dog poo, is it just produced by Dalmatians? or are other breeds capable of producing this phenomenon?

I have a question about white dog poo, is it just produced by Dalmatians? or are other breeds capable of producing this phenomenon?

It's from the days when there were lots of bones (calcium) in dog food, this has canged as too many bones aren't good for dogs

It's from the days when there were lots of bones (calcium) in dog food, this has changed as too many bones aren't good for dogs

Thanks GD4ELI, when I was a kid a lot of dog poo was white but there was a lot of Dalmatians in my village so I thought the two were connected.

The Calcium intake makes sense, I do now ponder though, that if you feed a dog, exclusively, Strawberries and Cream would you get Pink Poo? :unsure:

A pretty Shocking experience for Amadeus, but some excellent work by Douglas Neighbourhood has resulted in one person charged, and appearance at court this morning.

Amadeus is absolutely spot on when he says there isn't much he can discuss about this just now. Basically, the case cannot be discussed until after the matter is resluted at court. Accordingly, to protect the integrity of the legal process, please be careful as to what you post.

At the risk of sounding like a corporate bobby, can I just comment on some of the posts as to the integrity of the crime figures. As most of you know, I was a divisional commander for 2 1/2 years. I can assure you, all the neighbourhood bosses are under a lot of scrutiny regarding accuracy of recording. The figures are as sight as they ever have been, and rest assured the serious stuff like burglary get even more scrutiny because of the profound effect they have on peoples lives.

Derek

You mentioned in a previous thread about opening up more information to the public - perhaps through Twitter/website/facebook. Any update on this? Something like http://www.police.uk/ where there is lot's of infor would be useful.

The youngest you can join the police is 18, you now have to do 35 years, so the youngest you could leave is 53. The police pay the most of any workers into their pensions at 11% (will poss be 14% soon). There is talk of changing the retirement age to 60 soon so you will have to either work til 60 or wait until 60 for a pension (I guess get a job somewhere else for 7 years or be unemployed). Thats for working shifts covering 24 hours a day, 365 days a year in an active job in which you can be abused, assaulted ect. I know some people on here will have their own views of the police and thats fine, but they work hard for what they get. Pretty soon they may be getting less for working longer and paying more contributions. Oh, and if you do choose to take a lump sum, it comes out of your pension they paid into at a high rate, and means you get less a month. Police often take the lump sum as due to the nature of the job they can sometimes don't live that long after retirement.

Archived