Advertising Revenue

Slim

So currently I've got five publications popping through my door for free (manx tails, courier, courier mag, property mann, some other job thing), all paid for by advertising revenue. I've got two local radio stations free, all paid for by advertising revenue, with two more on the way, presumably also looking for a slice of that advertising pie.

Who on earth is paying for all of this? And are these costs being passed on to us poor punters?

And are these costs being passed on to us poor punters?

Without question they are passed on to the consumers.

I have a marketing budget every year, and when I set fees for a contract this budget is built into the fees, as with all other overheads. I find the best form of advertising on the island is word of mouth.

Geo

More importantly, how many of those five do you actually read and how many of them do you even bother to look at the adverts?

Courier aside (and I only get that every now and then due to our crappy delivery lad), ours all go straight in the bin.

Courier is Manx Newspapers

Manxtails is Mannin Media

Property/AutoMann is Fusion

JobsXtra is Mannin Media

etc

All paid for with their advertising funds, Manx Newspapers in the millions.

I think Fusion jumped on the winning boat with Property/AutoMann!

Why do you think that Fusion is the winner Uni? It's got nothign at all in it that the courier hasn't got as all the adds/listings are duplicated, and the courier has news (of a sorts!) too. I just don't read any of them, because if I read the courier, I've seen it all.

I phoned up the people behind PropertyMann to ask how I can stop getting their Junk and they took my name and address and told me it would be a couple of weeks before it filters down to the post office and then it will stop. Note that I had to phone the "Sales" number quoted in the magazine as there wasn't another contact number.

The only one of those quoted above that is of any use to me is the Courier. The rest are pure junk though Manx Tails can be okay to read while on the loo because of it's compact size!!

Ans - have you never thought of recycling these magazines rather than throwing them in the bin?

(Edited to correct my crap typing!)

After being contacted about three times a day for over a week by Sky bastard TV's bastard marketing department's automated dialling system, I registered with the Telephone Preference Service to never be troubled by their sort again. Don't know whether this includes any Manx marketing but I've not had any trouble since.

So, to get back to the general thread, does the Mail Preference Service (linked to on the TPS website) count for mailouts on the Isle of Man? I registered anyway, has to be said.

Thank You for your enquiry into unwanted mail posted locally.

At the present moment there is no system in place to stop these tems being delivered, we cannot stop items that are not addressed as the company has asked us to deliver to the property,not the householder.

The best way to stop these are to note who the sender is and contact them directly.

Yours Sincerely

Kelvin Milestone

Customer Services Manager

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isle of Man Post

Douglas, ISLE OF MAN, IM2 1AA

Of course what he didn't say was that IOM Post are making an absolute killing from delivering the annoying bloody things!

Archived