Snp First-Ever Majority

Manx_Mus

Good or bad?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Corruption - A fully independent Scotland would make The Republic Of Ireland look like a model country !!

What are you basing this nonsense on?

The Republic Of Ireland is by general consent a "basket case economy" Famous for producing corrupt politicians it now faces years of recession.

Erm yes, that covers Ireland. My question was, what are you basing your groundless asertions on Scotland making Ireland pale by comparison on?

How about a new parliament building estimated cost £10 million final cost £414 million !! Not much corruption there and who paid for it !!

I think you may have a misunderstanding of what the word "corruption" means.

Does it mean "paid for by the English?"

Paid for by the English what?

Taxpayer....

Realy? So somewhere there's a seperation between what residents in England (some of whom will be Scottish, and many other nationalities btw) pay to the exchequer, and what residents of Scotland (some of whom will be English btw) pay to the exchequer. And then when it comes to redistributing tax back into the sytem, Scotland only receives English taxation?

So where the fuck has all the Scottish taxpayers money gone then? Sounds like one helluva corrupt system to me? No wonder independence is on the way.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Commentators are now saying that an independent Scotland would have to pay its share of the UK Government Debt of £1 trillion.

This would mean Scotland having to find £280 billion or £56,000 for each Scot who chose to stay north of the border rather than move to England." Barry

Barry I try really hard not to read your bullshit but Scotland has 8% of UK population and if we accept UK Debt of £1 trillion then the true figures are 80 billion and £15400 per person.I appreciate your prowess with a duster but when it comes to maths "you really must do better !"

Not my numbers old chappington! I do not make it up you know. Go figure! The subject matter is how much would Scotland need to buy out the farm?. I listen, learn, observe..and if you think it is that bad and so wrong then you come right on here now and give me an article of 500 words with your side of it!...!What do you think of Scotland breaking away?...

Barry me old office cleaner (God I wish that Government had kept those drawers locked) I am old school and why sprout 500 words when a few will do !! As regards the Sweaties, they would be mad to break away and the Grandmaster (Salmond) at the trough knows that.Seems that they just want to keep their subsidy and every now and again they will swing their Claymores and shout "North Sea Oil !!"

That's just about right.

But it must be very many years now ...getting on for ten or more....since I did contract office cleaning on the Island! I had some private jobs paying me £11 an hour cash in the hand back then but others less so....

It can be a quietly lucrative little racket cleaning! Never underestimate those people pushing hoovers around! They may not look much but some of them collect wads of untaxed wonga every week!

One old women cleaner I knew kept two horses at livery in Abbeylands!

By the way, cleaning is a young man's game now and even the Government was paying its cleaners over £10 an hour in the Villa Marina almost four years ago.... and which when some did ten hours a day/night and worked for other employers elsewhere....well, you can see that cleaning can make more than many a Finance Sector office hack.

One of the Philippino men at the Villa told me that he and his wife had saved £76,000 cash in under three years working as cleaners and carers..and they had their family on the Island.

But then they don't invest in the local brewery!

Oh dear Barry I have just dispatched a crack(!) team from the Tax Office (Volcanic Ash permitting) to Stevenage sheltered housing to reclaim some unpaid income tax.Try not to keep up the Octogenarians with your all night typing...

But why Stevenage? And why sheltered housing? Please explain the connection with Stevenage!

Corruption - A fully independent Scotland would make The Republic Of Ireland look like a model country !!

The Republic Of Ireland is by general consent a "basket case economy" Famous for producing corrupt politicians it now faces years of recession.

Erm yes, that covers Ireland. My question was, what are you basing your groundless asertions on Scotland making Ireland pale by comparison on?

How about a new parliament building estimated cost £10 million final cost £414 million !! Not much corruption there and who paid for it !!

Taxpayer....

Realy? So somewhere there's a seperation between what residents in England (some of whom will be Scottish, and many other nationalities btw) pay to the exchequer, and what residents of Scotland (some of whom will be English btw) pay to the exchequer. And then when it comes to redistributing tax back into the sytem, Scotland only receives English taxation?

So where the fuck has all the Scottish taxpayers money gone then? Sounds like one helluva corrupt system to me? No wonder independence is on the way.

Those that are in work and contribute have paid into the national fund. The £8 billion annual subsidy has come from the rest of the UK...And please I thought that the Sweaties with free (subsidised) University Education could at least learn to spell !! And yes I can agree ....hopefully independence should be on the way then we can have piigss (Portugal Italy Ireland Greece Spain and Scotland) Promotion at last !! You really are in the Premier League and it is no longer a two horse race...

"Commentators are now saying that an independent Scotland would have to pay its share of the UK Government Debt of £1 trillion.

This would mean Scotland having to find £280 billion or £56,000 for each Scot who chose to stay north of the border rather than move to England." Barry

Barry I try really hard not to read your bullshit but Scotland has 8% of UK population and if we accept UK Debt of £1 trillion then the true figures are 80 billion and £15400 per person.I appreciate your prowess with a duster but when it comes to maths "you really must do better !"

Not my numbers old chappington! I do not make it up you know. Go figure! The subject matter is how much would Scotland need to buy out the farm?. I listen, learn, observe..and if you think it is that bad and so wrong then you come right on here now and give me an article of 500 words with your side of it!...!What do you think of Scotland breaking away?...

Barry me old office cleaner (God I wish that Government had kept those drawers locked) I am old school and why sprout 500 words when a few will do !! As regards the Sweaties, they would be mad to break away and the Grandmaster (Salmond) at the trough knows that.Seems that they just want to keep their subsidy and every now and again they will swing their Claymores and shout "North Sea Oil !!"

That's just about right.

But it must be very many years now ...getting on for ten or more....since I did contract office cleaning on the Island! I had some private jobs paying me £11 an hour cash in the hand back then but others less so....

It can be a quietly lucrative little racket cleaning! Never underestimate those people pushing hoovers around! They may not look much but some of them collect wads of untaxed wonga every week!

By the way, cleaning is a young man's game now and even the Government was paying its cleaners over £10 an hour in the Villa Marina almost four years ago.... and which when some did ten hours a day/night and worked for other employers elsewhere....well, you can see that cleaning can make more than many a Finance Sector office hack.

One of the Philippino men at the Villa told me that he and his wife had saved £76,000 cash in under three years working as cleaners and carers..and they had their family on the Island.

Oh dear Barry I have just dispatched a crack(!) team from the Tax Office (Volcanic Ash permitting) to Stevenage sheltered housing to reclaim some unpaid income tax.Try not to keep up the Octogenarians with your all night typing...

But why Stevenage? And why sheltered housing? Please explain the connection with Stevenage!

Barry me old mate, not moved on again have you !! Gibraltar..Jersey...Sark..There will always be a job for a man who can use a duster...

That's just about right.

Barry me old mate, not moved on again have you !! Gibraltar..Jersey...Sark..There will always be a job for a man who can use a duster...

Well. Ok. I gave up work almost four years ago and am a man of leisure (no pun and not the "Leisure" Of blessed memory)...In fact..I no longer bother where my wages come from. They just arrive!...I retired at 58 you see. Sucker!....Work! Wot me? work! Dem daze am over!

That's just about right.

Try not working! Like me. Get up when you like. Go out when you like. Go down the pier and fish when you like. (like wot I does having whole N. Sea to me am own) Free bus pass. Free prescriptions if you need 'em. Tell, you what...leave IOM and join the "silver surfers"...NB We are gonna rape yo VAT again baby!...tee..hee! (Wotcha die slow like!)

That's just about right.

Chuckle! Chuckle! Watcham de ol Isle de Man fall de bits Moma! An' me say gonna be! Me no de're. Me no suffer problem! Me am happy man on de pension. Smoke ya coke an' drink yo fags! Lay back in de weeds. I's gonna larf at the VAT man comma git you take yo down. Ras man! Ras!

Chuckle! Chuckle! Watcham de ol Isle de Man fall de bits Moma! An' me say gonna be! Me no de're. Me no suffer problem! Me am happy man on de pension. Smoke ya coke an' drink yo fags! Lay back in de weeds. I's gonna larf at the VAT man comma git you take yo down. Ras man! Ras!

Time for your medication?

Taxpayer....

Those that are in work and contribute have paid into the national fund. The £8 billion annual subsidy has come from the rest of the UK...And please I thought that the Sweaties with free (subsidised) University Education could at least learn to spell !! And yes I can agree ....hopefully independence should be on the way then we can have piigss (Portugal Italy Ireland Greece Spain and Scotland) Promotion at last !! You really are in the Premier League and it is no longer a two horse race...

LOL, you said "Sweaties", oh how we laughed.

I presume now that your argument has descended to the level of correcting of spelling, rather than trying to justify your ridiculous claims of impending corruption, that you have nothing to give on this matter anymore?

I further presume when refering to my spelling, that you mean my typos of "Realy" & "Sytem". Well we all make those, and to be honest I never spell check forum postings anywhere, I just type then hit reply, it's a forum, no-one really cares, except pedantic little arses; but as we're on the subject, your failure to use commas, and your superfluous additional full stops and exclamation marks lend me to thinking the learning of written English somewhat passed you by? Would that be correct, and if so, what would it have to do with this topic anyway?

I've been accused of bloating (?) so I know what you mean. The fact is that Scotland could never support itself, and with role models such as Tommy Sheridan and Alex Salmond who could say otherwise.The fact that you are presumably living on the Island would suggest you agree with me.Oh and I don't think our MHK's are any better...

I've been accused of bloating (?) so I know what you mean. The fact is that Scotland could never support itself, and with role models such as Tommy Sheridan and Alex Salmond who could say otherwise.The fact that you are presumably living on the Island would suggest you agree with me.Oh and I don't think our MHK's are any better...

Why would where I live have any bearing on the matter? We live where we work, at least most of us do.

And like the rest of your suppositions in this thread, you are once again miles off the mark. I left the island in 2004, and now live back in Aberdeen, Salmond's constituency in fact, and you'll find that he is a very well thought of politician, but then that just further shows how completely out of touch your opinions are.

As for Sheridan, he's not one for independence, not a nationalist in any form, so what is your point there? I fail to see any relevance whatsoever?

Chaytor is now also in prison, and he was part of the last UK government, Lord Taylor, a Tory lest you forget, is also now in jail over expenses, that would be someone connected to the current UK government.

So clearly, by your logic, we'd be better off out of the union, as criminality seems to be your latest spurious argument for the staus quo, we've yet to see an SNP MP/MSP sent to prison, or indeed questioned by police over financial, or any other, irregularities.

So the SNP it is then, am I right?

Why would where I live have any bearing on the matter? We live where we work, at least most of us do.

And like the rest of your suppositions in this thread, you are once again miles off the mark. I left the island in 2004, and now live back in Aberdeen, Salmond's constituency in fact, and you'll find that he is a very well thought of politician, but then that just further shows how completely out of touch your opinions are.

As for Sheridan, he's not one for independence, not a nationalist in any form, so what is your point there? I fail to see any relevance whatsoever?

Chaytor is now also in prison, and he was part of the last UK government, Lord Taylor, a Tory lest you forget, is also now in jail over expenses, that would be someone connected to the current UK government.

So clearly, by your logic, we'd be better off out of the union, as criminality seems to be your latest spurious argument for the staus quo, we've yet to see an SNP MP/MSP sent to prison, or indeed questioned by police over financial, or any other, irregularities.

So the SNP it is then, am I right?

This post has been edited by SJR: Today, 01:10 PM

Finally, a sensible post from your good self.........

I was going to point out this and that but hey who cares..One final point though if the SNP do rule - good job Hadrians Wall is still there and it can be used in reverse !!

Archived