Taking The Biscuit

Billy One Mate

I was absolutely disgusted when driving into work today to hear on Manx Radio an advert for the MEA, not for the shop but just for the normal power supply. Why do they need to advertise the supply of electric??????? We cant go anywhere else. How much do they pay manx radio for this advert?

300 million in debt 40% increase in cost of electric, future increases of 5% above inflation and they can waste more money on pointless advertising.

300 million in debt 40% increase in cost of electric, future increases of 5% above inflation and they can waste more money on pointless advertising.

and dont forget £90,000 each :o for 2 unimog trucks with manrider baskets.

Its official MEA cable crews cannot carry ladders across a field any more :lol::lol:

Well guys i haven't noticed a power cut since i've been here for 2 years. My reptiles are kept nice and warm with the consistent good supply of electrical goodness the MEA provide.

In spain i was getting one power cut every other night, sometimes two or three a night.

Be Happy.

Well guys i haven't noticed a power cut since i've been here for 2 years. My reptiles are kept nice and warm with the consistent good supply of electrical goodness the MEA provide.

I live in Douglas and had an 8 hour powercut.

. . . This year.

. . . . 2005.

. . . . . along with a few other streets.

I'm not knocking the MEA per se, but just want to let it be known that it can and does shappen. Be aware.

I lost a lot of work that weekend. A lot of work. But I'm not complaining . . . . just wingeing.

Now, where was that brass band clip and the Gilbert&Sullivanesque audio that was on the forums a couple of years or so back . . . .

and dont forget £90,000 each :o for 2 unimog trucks with manrider baskets.

Its official MEA cable crews cannot carry ladders across a field any more :lol::lol:

I would rather see them buy the trucks rather than hiring them of local tree surgeons who charge silly money for the use of there cherry pickers.

"I would rather see them buy the trucks rather than hiring them of local tree surgeons who charge silly money for the use of there cherry pickers."

Why do these cowboys call themselves tree "surgeons" when they are not qualified experts in treating tree diseases etc?

You do not see people that mow lawns calling themselves grass surgeons!

"I would rather see them buy the trucks rather than hiring them of local tree surgeons who charge silly money for the use of there cherry pickers."

Why do these cowboys call themselves tree "surgeons" when they are not qualified experts in treating tree diseases etc?

You do not see people that mow lawns calling themselves grass surgeons!

and how many people have you seen mow a tree?

You complain about the Leci board when the power goes down but what about the roads that are always up, the water that is unfit to drink, the gas that costs a fortune.

Get a perspective.

Lines are laid underground.

How many people dig up the ground? It only takes one eedjit with an acter to shear a cable for two or three streets to go down.

You say the power was off for hours, but in that time there were people working to restore power.

Why didn't you have a back up system?

Lost work? PFFT. Save and shut down before you leave.

The MEA are an easy target on here because they don't have a spokesperson to explain the logistical problems of giving us electricity.

A couple of years ago, during the heat wave that hit Britain, we exported shed loads of Leci. This was due to power stations in England shutting down for maintenance during the hot spell, they never took in to account air conditioning units.

The MEA do a damn good job as far as I'm concerned.

It's taken for granted, but as we speak there are people in the power station working. The jointers are on stand by (24hrs)

All in all thumbs up MEA

Archived