An Eye For An Eye

wrighty

Too much of this human rights bollocks infecting our planet with twats who can get away with raping/murdering or assaulting poor victims without any fear of a proper punishment.

Crack on Iran, you have the right idea.

It's got nothing to do with human rights

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have a very basic way of thinking, Silentbob, it lets you down a lot. You seem to refer to the deterrence factor of the punishment, but you're presuming there is one.

Why not pour acid in the eyes of all people and then they'll be scaredto assault and rape?

• 2 weeks later...

Is it really that simple? Just as a for instance, what if he was mentally unwell or challenged? Are all paranoid schizophrenics entirely responsible for their actions? Whilst this was indeed a terrible crime worthy of sever punishment, it might not be as simple as we think.

Story Here

Man who blinded and disfigured a woman who refused to marry him set to receive the same punishment by having sulphuric acid dropped into his eyes, possibly by the woman he blinded, and according to the BBC earlier today, under medical supervision!

Its horrifying just looking at that picture and to me its not the punishment that is shocking as such, more the completely backward culture that gives rise to these acid attacks in the first place. The deep seated religiously driven mysogyny that makes some guy think he can do that is entrenched in these Muslim countries; the woman is viewed as nothing but a chatel and if he can't have her nobody can so he feels justified in throwing acid in her face. Its really quite disgusting that in the 21st Century there are countries still completely in the dark ages. If he has set the benchmark that low then he deserves all that is coming to him and as well as throwing acid in his eyes she should be able to dip his cock and balls into a vat of acid too and see how he likes it.

I saw this girl on This Morning the other week and again the same thing happened in this country with a guy from a similar background and how any person could ever get over that properly is anyone's guess.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/3047010/ACID-girl-Katie-Piper-gets-TV-series-dealing-with-facial-disfigurement.html

You really can't believe the depths that some human beings will sink to when their cultural background teaches them that all women are worthless and need to be treated like shit and covered up for their own good.

Not quite true! Acid attacks happen in Britain also and I can recall when they were quite common. Sometimes they were spoiling attacks like this one but also they were related to wars amongst criminals.

The phrase used by the newspapers was "threw a glass of acid" etc...and often was simply a drinking glass of acid.

Wages clerks in the days of wage packets were also often attacked with acid and sometimes ammonia.

Bank clerks behind their counters also were attacked with acid or ammonia and I think we can all remember seeing the bottles of eye wash that stood on each counter for emergency treatment even after armoured screens were installed.

The last acid attack I was close to personally was when working as a doorman in Piccadilly Manchester in 1989 when another doorman had a glass of acid thrown in his face and died. This was due to inhaling vomit.

The last attack I recall in the Isle of Man was in "Colours" around 2005 although it was not acid but another substance. I was at the scene working but not as a doorman. About three bottles of the antidote were in use and a lot "wipes"....Never saw it reported in the local paper though

lol....Barrie even has an acid attack anectdote.....nice one Bazza.

Ta! It is true! It comes about as a result of the economy we in the UK/IOM have had since the early 1980s ie the collapse of steady jobs and the need to have a go at anything! (Boy have I done that..anything!)

Me a doorman! Just a big soft old pussy cat. Trouble is the chap hit with the acid suddenly ran off in a blind panic and fetched up in a bit of an alleyway and dilapidated building passed out died there choking on vomit and that is where he was found.

Crimes such as this make me sick to the stomach. I agree with the other posters who mention that it is the backwards religious beliefs whereby women are seen as possessions that makes these animals think they can do what they want.

I'm all for an eye for an eye where guilt is proven beyond any reasonable doubt. Go for it.

The last acid attack I was close to personally was when working as a doorman in Piccadilly Manchester in 1989 when another doorman had a glass of acid thrown in his face and died. This was due to inhaling vomit.

It must have scared the crap out of you: less than a couple of years later you were working at Funland in Strand Street :P (and being the ONLY member of staff who was bricking it when a - known to all of them - idiot came in and tried to do a hold-up!) :lol:

What was the victim's name?

The last attack I recall in the Isle of Man was in "Colours" around 2005 although it was not acid but another substance. I was at the scene working but not as a doorman. About three bottles of the antidote were in use and a lot "wipes"....Never saw it reported in the local paper though

How come you didn't report it to the newspapers?

A few drops in his eyes not enough in my opinion, burn his face with acid too not just his eyes. send out a strong message to these kind of men, an eye for eye is right

As he has been found guilty in a fair trial by a jury of independent members of his society, his own lawyer representing him, under a justice system put in place by a free and democratically elected government, then yes, he deserves the punishment he has been given.

I did not report it because I had signed a confidentiality agreement with Gala Corp (I think they owned it back then) and at the time did not want to lose my position which paid almost a grand a month part-time....

What was the victim's name? I have no recollection. It was 22 years ago and I am unable to recall the name of my own Manager save it was "Mervyn"....Lot happened since then like the difference between being then 39 and now pushing towards 62...and chortling with laughter at being able to pack in work at 58! (You suckers!)

It must have scared the crap out of you: less than a couple of years later you were working at Funland in Strand Street :P (and being the ONLY member of staff who was bricking it when a - known to all of them - idiot came in and tried to do a hold-up!) :lol:

Actually there were only two staff on in that incident!

It was closing time about 10 or 10.30...No one was in the Arcade except us and I had put up most of the wooden shutters except one thus leaving a narrow gap...

Paul Tyndale (In mid-60s and near retirement age back then), who if he lives, is now in his 80s and of course me.

The incident in Douglas occurred in 1993 which is four years later than you say!

The person concerned appeared in a face mask made from a yellow balaclava and baggy clothes over his own as stolen from a charity shop.

He advanced with a rifle which I thought was an air rifle but you never know (Some .22s look like air rifles and vice versa) we were under orders not to resist but to hand over the cash. (The employers said that it was no problem as they were well insured and wanted no dead heroes)

He (the Assailant) said "Hand over the f..ing money"...I thought it was a joke and turned my back and looked down the arcade to see if any other comedians were there....Paul had by then put the bulk of the cash in the safe but about £300 was still in the float at the desk. At that time Paul had no idea of what was happening.

Then when I realised it was real. I walked towards him (The Assailant) but he stepped back pointing his "rifle".

I called Paul who wandered up to the cash desk.

Paul recognised him (the Assailant) because he had made the holes in his mask too big (it was a yellow balaclava and he left the cut-out bits of wool in our bins as we found later)..Paul recognised his (stoned out of his head) eyes through the mask as did I when it was pointed out to me.

Paul then said "Call the Police Barrie" and I turned my back and reaching over the desk and called 999. Saying, "This is Funland Arcade Strand Street Douglas. Armed Robbery now in progress. (Repeated twice)...I recalled my Army radio stuff you see "Advance to Contact...Get on the Net...Report...Out"....During the time that I was doing this the Assailant advanced and pointed the "rifle" behind my left ear but I hunched my back and ignored it but bracing for a "sting"....hoping that it was a .22 slug and not a .22 LR bullet!

When he (the Assailant) realised that I had made contact with Police HQ he ran off up Well Hill past Safeways and took refuge in Demesne Road only to come back to the arcade known as "The Leisure" 24 hours later when he was arrested.

I desist to name him for legal reasons ie provisionally under "The Rehabilitation of the Offenders Act"..

Armed Police came down but did not get out of their van.

A Police photographer came and took a lot of pictures.

Both Paul Tyndale and myself were rather complimented by Police at the time. (We were both awarded a £1 coin by the owners of "The Leisure" as a token regard for our bravery!) I am not making that up. I mean £1.....!!!!

It may well have been the case that Staff on "The Leisure" were aware of the "hit" before it happened.

I often suspected that I might have been "the Mark"...and certain people were upset that the "raid" had not come off!...

Plain clothes Police from the UK already on a drugs matter attended the scene also as there were drug connections then on-going. They immediately identified the Assailant who reportedly owed £400 to a local Manx drug dealer.

The Assailant, if I recall, received one year in the Youth Wing of IOM Prison and three years in the Adult Prison, He was 17 at the time of the raid.

If you think that standing my ground such that an Assailant fails in his efforts and is convicted is "bricking it"..then perhaps you would like to face me man to man one early morning and test my personal skills with a 9 mm pistol against a pistol or revolver of your own choice?

Archived