School Wireless Networks Banned By Eu

Cronky

It's been conclusively proved that radiation from the sun harms children, shall we ban sunlight in classrooms too?

Glass reduces UV. Children need sunlight, needed for B12 creation.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vit D I think but a good point regarding the principle of banning everything.

Hang on what will the teachers do outside their 20 hours a week work ?? No laptops in the staffroom - cue more industrial unrest and cue the Ballaughbiker
Trolling again SJR? Haven't you got any other hobbies/hobby horses?

Vit D I think but a good point regarding the principle of banning everything.

Hang on what will the teachers do outside their 20 hours a week work ?? No laptops in the staffroom - cue more industrial unrest and cue the Ballaughbiker
Trolling again SJR? Haven't you got any other hobbies/hobby horses?

Bit slow off the mark there Ballaughbiker !! Must have been ironing the wifes school uniform or perhaps you were out looking for her at 10pm on a weekday !! Such long hours.....

Jeeez SJR, you *are* funny.....

PS she's still at work ;) call in at KM school and check for yourself. On second thoughts perhaps not, some smart-ass, sarcastic old **** skulking around in the semi-darkness might be misinterpreted.

Glass reduces UV. Children need sunlight, needed for B12 creation.

UVA light, that carries the cancer risk passes through normal glass without much reduction. It's vitamin D from sunlight, UVB light anyway. Daft to pick hairs on this though, as I'm not actually advocating we board up school windows.

Jeeez SJR, you *are* funny.....

PS she's still at work ;) call in at KM school and check for yourself. On second thoughts perhaps not, some smart-ass, sarcastic old **** skulking around in the semi-darkness might be misinterpreted.

Don't call me old !!

• 2 weeks later...

I do know of a few parents who ring their kids at school once or a few times a day to check if they are ok or to find out what they're up to at school. It's weird.

There are a lot of things today I don't understand.

That's one of them.

Another is parents who select their kid's class schedules in college. I know a woman who handled all that for her two sons. She just couldn't let her kids determine their own class schedules.

It is scary how politicians with an agenda can cherry pick data to conform to their view point, while ignoring anything that contradicts it, and then use the precautionary principle to demand society does what they want.

This report is based on really poor science and risk assessment.

In the overall scale of risks sun shine and going for a bike ride have categorically been proved to be hugely more dangerous than the most dangerous hypothetical unproven outcome possible from wifi - life involves risks, progress means taking them and adapting to them, not being a Luddite.

I do know of a few parents who ring their kids at school once or a few times a day to check if they are ok or to find out what they're up to at school. It's weird.

There are a lot of things today I don't understand.

That's one of them.

IMO, this highlights one of the MAJOR problems that have led to the significant rise in piss-poor parenting, and all of the associated school discipline problems we have these days. That is, parents being 'friends' with their kids rather than being parents.

Namby-pamby 'negotiations', 'childrens rights' and all that anti-disciplinarian clap trap have led to this. Whereas a sharp slap across the arse by a parent or teacher used to indicate where the line was drawn. Boundaries and respect have all gone to hell in a handcart, and the world has taken a turn toward the surreal.

Kids are at school for learning, not messing about on phones. In school time, if a parent needs to contact their child, they should do it through the school secretary or headmaster like they always used to have to do, not distracting their own child and the rest of the children around them.

Phones should be put in lockers on arrival and collected only on leaving the premises.

Namby-pamby 'negotiations', 'childrens rights' and all that anti-disciplinarian clap trap have led to this. Whereas a sharp slap across the arse by a parent or teacher used to indicate where the line was drawn. Boundaries and respect have all gone to hell in a handcart, and the world has taken a turn toward the surreal.

Ah, so we're back to smacking.

Nicely covered in the Telegraph last week:

Schools in Sweden can’t be beaten: corporal punishment around the world

I agree with this guys view:

Tony Little, the current headmaster of Eton, told me: “As someone who’s been a headmaster for 20 years, I have never felt it can be useful as a deterrent, or as a way to convey a message. It’s a very redundant approach.” I asked Little how things had changed so much since I was beaten, 27 years ago. “There’s been a generational shift. It’s just so far off the radar from being considered now. We teach boys through their life and work to respect others. Laying into someone physically is just not appropriate.”

What the advocates of corporal punishment don't get is that, despite corporal punishment being illegal, many, many schools have excellent standards of behaviour.

Why?

IMO, this highlights one of the MAJOR problems that have led to the significant rise in piss-poor parenting, and all of the associated school discipline problems we have these days. That is, parents being 'friends' with their kids rather than being parents.

Kids are at school for learning, not messing about on phones. In school time, if a parent needs to contact their child, they should do it through the school secretary or headmaster like they always used to have to do, not distracting their own child and the rest of the children around them.

Phones should be put in lockers on arrival and collected only on leaving the premises.

What a load of old bollocks you spew, Albert.

What a load of old bollocks you spew, Albert.

Well I agree 100% with Albert!

Well I agree 100% with Albert!

Have you got kids?

And why should that be relevant? Just because you managed to breed doesn't make you an expert.

Archived