Champ Manager 5

Nickved

Not played CM5, and to be honest, I didnt particularly think it was going to be all that good anyway, seeing as Sega got their grubby little mitts into it. A lot of people have said to switch to FM 2005, which is basically CM5 but without the Sega touch to it.

Having said that, I'm perfectly happy to stick with CM 01/02 .. they should have stuck with that and just brought out yearly updates.

Not played CM5, and to be honest, I didnt particularly think it was going to be all that good anyway, seeing as Sega got their grubby little mitts into it. A lot of people have said to switch to FM 2005, which is basically CM5 but without the Sega touch to it.

You've got that a bit mixed up. CM5 is new code with the old name. Eidos owned the name, Sports Interactive owns the code.

So, FM5 is by the people who did the old CM's, and published by sega. Not sure what you mean by the sega touch, they're just the publisher.

Having said that, I'm perfectly happy to stick with CM 01/02 .. they should have stuck with that and just brought out yearly updates.

They weren't allowed to, they had a split with the publisher, who owned the name.

From what I've heard (obviously getting mixed rumours) Sega were the reason CM5 was as poor as it is, so SI made FM 2005 as a "CM with a new name"?

One of our members has reviewed it on Manx Gamers and slated it also. One to stay away from it seems.

--------------------------------

http://www.manxgamers.com

:P its me :P

basicly the two guys that made the cm series splt up ( not in a gay way) and then when they spit the half up the guy that made football manager won the database and the gameplay , and the other guy won the looks of cm and the name

Archived