Another Defeat For The Clarksons

ballaboy

That is the next step, to persuade the Deemster to allow them to petition for Doleance, ie Judicial Review, out of time. Then if successful there will have to be a hearing on the Doleance application. This has a long way to run.

They are as entitled as any one else to pursue their remedies to the end.

The actual judgment on the courts/ judgments im website is long, but an interesting,analysis of when a deemster can/cannot sit, and what the test is.

Litigants cannot pick and chose their judge, just because they have appeared before him previously and not liked the result.

Lots of money still to be made out of this then. Can the Clarksons not be made to pay for these never ending refusals to accept the decision. I strongly suspect if they did have to, the subject would disapear overnight.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
common justice should ensure that after a lenghty inquiry and 3 court defeats, the paths could be opened whilst the appeal is being carried out.

I disagree. The most just outcome is for the maximum inconvenience to be caused to PROWL people

The actual case will now go to a hearing, with the inspectors findings as evidence. At the end if the Clarksons lose they can be ordered to pay Government costs of all or any stage of the proceedings and satellite litigation. They dispute the findings and conclusions and the decsion to register, they are entitled to challenge in Court under the Rights of Way legislation. However there were some hurdles to the strength of that challenge, they rried to sort those out, they have lost (appeals apart) now we will see.

• 6 months later...

A recenty Langness court judgment thingy

I would have been interested to go along to this court hearing but I was unaware it was on. It is a pity that the Isle of Man Courts insist on what some consider to be -secret courts by not publishing court lists as they do elesewhere in British Isles.

I am certainly aware that some judiciary would appear to prefer no public attend. Far less hassle then when say, the judgment might not wholly reflect what happened in court.

Damn - and there's me listening to Manx Radio. The Nation's Station.

eta

Today was judgment day. The hearing was 27th March 2012.

Brilliant result. The same as the last two I believe. Time to do the right thing and give it up, but it is Clarkson. Where is he now any-way. Is he still at Langness or irritating another area of the World.

I hope he poisons the bit that the nosy fuckers all want to walk with radioactive materials.

And bear traps.

I hope that those who agitated for this result are plagued with financial difficulties, to the exact tune of the amount that they have cost the taxpayer on their little crusade. If they wanted the fight, they should have paid for it themselves.

There was a story on the 3fm website this morning highlighting that there'd be a hearing today.

Sorry off topic but does anyone know when the Douglas By-Election alleged voting irregularities case in on? Would not mind having a look see on that one to see how these things work.

There was a story on the 3fm website this morning highlighting that there'd be a hearing today.

Sorry off topic but does anyone know when the Douglas By-Election alleged voting irregularities case in on? Would not mind having a look see on that one to see how these things work.

Do you mean the decision over the recount in the Parish of German?

I believe the six week trial is down for September so there should be plenty of opportunity to 'see how things work'. Does anyone have any thoughts on this case or are we barred from discussing it ?

Do you mean the decision over the recount in the Parish of German?

Is there any suggestion of malpractice or chicanery in the German count, or is it simply a teller's error, and that the result was officially announced before the mistake was detected ? Anybody got anything on this ?

I believe the six week trial is down for September so there should be plenty of opportunity to 'see how things work'. Does anyone have any thoughts on this case or are we barred from discussing it ?

191 pages of thoughts right here

http://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/38824-douglas-east/page__st__2850

I hope he poisons the bit that the nosy fuckers all want to walk with radioactive materials.

x 2. I can't really see what the victory is here other than a bunch of twats getting to permanently inconvenience a minor celebrity through spite and jealously. Its sends a great message out to any other wealthy high profile person wishing to move to the Isle of Man - piss off as there are too many nosey spiteful cretins around willing to make your life a misery. They are happy to see the Isle of Man turn into a breeze block expat estate because that reminds them of whatever cruddy English town they moved here from but try to move a wall on a patch of ground covered in other peoples dog shit and you'll be in the courts for years.

Archived