Wikilieaks - 6 Months Under House Arrest Without Charge

Cronky

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Assange is now seeking asylum in the Ecquador Embassy!

Bet Jemima Khan and Ken Loach are pissed off - he's cost them £20K each by breaking his bail conditions!

I'm intrigued why Assange thinks he's at more risk of extradition to the US from Sweden than the UK. Given the UK-US extradition treaty I doubt that!

The stupid thing is, I suspect if he'd gone to Sweden and been questioned they'd have found no grounds for prosecution and dropped it. They are a process obsessed people - what made Vikings mutate into orderly, bureaucrats?? - and want to go through the motions.

I await those claiming CIA influence etc etc. My view is that Assange has made it far far worse for himself by fighting every inch of the way. Its drawn things out, wasted thousands of pounds and totally distracted what Wiki-leaks was meant to be. The CIA must be laughing all the way to the black ops department with this latest move ... Assange, the Equadorian Embassy's prisoner of conscience.

There will be candle light vigils next.

All for a split johnny and a couple of one night stands! FFS.

Bet Jemima Khan and Ken Loach are pissed off - he's cost them £20K each by breaking his bail conditions!

I'm intrigued why Assange thinks he's at more risk of extradition to the US from Sweden than the UK. Given the UK-US extradition treaty I doubt that!

The stupid thing is, I suspect if he'd gone to Sweden and been questioned they'd have found no grounds for prosecution and dropped it. They are a process obsessed people - what made Vikings mutate into orderly, bureaucrats?? - and want to go through the motions.

I await those claiming CIA influence etc etc. My view is that Assange has made it far far worse for himself by fighting every inch of the way. Its drawn things out, wasted thousands of pounds and totally distracted what Wiki-leaks was meant to be. The CIA must be laughing all the way to the black ops department with this latest move ... Assange, the Equadorian Embassy's prisoner of conscience.

You really buy into this fabricated nonsense??! It's all a soap opera being played out for the gullible public's consumption.

You really buy into this fabricated nonsense??! It's all a soap opera being played out for the gullible public's consumption.

Yes, yes, of course it is. Keep telling yourself that, eh?

Oh no, here we go, whispers in the shadows, CIA misinformation, etc., etc., ad nauseum....

Z-zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Yes, yes, of course it is. Keep telling yourself that, eh?

He doesn't have to ----- the voices do that.

• 1 month later...

Well Julian Assange has now been granted asylum by Ecuador.

Link

Goodness knows where this merry-go-round will end!

I've not been following what the Swedes have been saying about it, but it looks like their investigation into two ladies rather personal allegations are now causing a serious international incident which could result in Geneva conventions being brought up and everything else!

What a farce! The black ops boys must be delighted!

The rape allegations are quite clearly utter bullshit. One of the accusers posted on her blog about how to get back at men by accusing them of rape for chrissakes!

Also, the people at WikiLeaks are not stupid. You can guarantee that when they chose their poster-boy, they chose someone who was entirely clean, so as to not give any opportunity for this sort of tripe to happen. Fabricated nonsense charges, based on the lies of a harpy.

Glad that he's been granted asylum. Ecuador just became a lot cooler. Shame he'll be arrested the second he pops his head outside the embassy.

The rape allegations are quite clearly utter bullshit. One of the accusers posted on her blog about how to get back at men by accusing them of rape for chrissakes!

Also, the people at WikiLeaks are not stupid. You can guarantee that when they chose their poster-boy, they chose someone who was entirely clean, so as to not give any opportunity for this sort of tripe to happen. Fabricated nonsense charges, based on the lies of a harpy.

Glad that he's been granted asylum. Ecuador just became a lot cooler. Shame he'll be arrested the second he pops his head outside the embassy.

I'm not sure why it has gotten this far. Sweden/US could have gave assurances extradition wouldn't happen or Sweden could have interviewed him by phone or by sending investigators (as often happens).

If he is granted a diplomatic passport by Ecuador, the police can't arrest him without the permission of the Ecuadorian (?) government. At least that they way I have heard it.

I'm not sure why it has gotten this far. Sweden/US could have gave assurances extradition wouldn't happen or Sweden could have interviewed him by phone or by sending investigators (as often happens).

The Ecuadorian Embassy has already invited the Swedes to question and interview Assange in London at their Embassy. The Swedes have refused the invitation. Was in the papers today.

Archived