Greece

Nom de plume

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greece is demonstrating as a nation what families face when they borrow more than they can earn. Now the Greek people don't like the prospect of having to return to the standard of living they can actually afford.

We should take note because our government are continuing to spend more than we as a nation can earn, and we as the people who live on the island are continuing to spend on imports more than we can earn with exports.

EVERY gallon of petrol we put in our cars has to be bought from offshore. Every car we put it is has to be bought offshore. Every bit of gas we use to generate electricity or heat our homes and factories has to be bought from offshore.

And STILL the huge and mostly useless government refuse to make the cuts so desperately needed.

I suppose that it will take being pushed from the state of insolvency that we are now in into bankruptcy when our creditors start to foreclose to make our useless government and the people who demand job protection at all costs and others demanding increases on already unaffordable wages to get the message home.

spook,you have got it so right,these so called politicians we have just dont get it, and our reserves [anything left??] will soon be gone,when are the manx politico's,and civil service going to smell the coffee, the civil service is 100% overstaffed,and our political masters would have all you sheeple believe we REALLY need all these plonkers to run a pimple on this earth, the island is overstaffed in every way possible,but to pay all these plonkers you need real industry bringing in profits to the manx exchequer, ffs the days of easy money from the black economies of the world are finished,the banking/finance sector are all but finished,but i'm afraid the numpties who pretend they are running this flophouse have'nt got a clue what on earth to do,i really fear for my grandchildren's future.

Spanish and Greek youth unemployment surged to yet another new record as joblessness among the under-25 cohort is now above 55% for both of these troubled nations.

20130124_spaingreece_0.jpg

Not looking good!

Greece today, France tomorrow, the UK next week.

These countries have been like that for years, though it is trending worse of course.

What was the last Spanish or Greek product you ever bought, besides a bottle of Oozo or a Paella?

A Montessa trials bike was the last Spanish product I bought,that was over 25 years ago and the gearbox kept falling apart.

These countries have been like that for years, though it is trending worse of course.

What was the last Spanish or Greek product you ever bought, besides a bottle of Oozo or a Paella?

A Montessa trials bike was the last Spanish product I bought,that was over 25 years ago and the gearbox kept falling apart.

I had a 315R Montesa and it was as reliable as a swiss watch, looked good and kept its value well.

It was however a Honda with a Montesa badge, that might have had something to do with it....................................

Greece is demonstrating as a nation what families face when they borrow more than they can earn. Now the Greek people don't like the prospect of having to return to the standard of living they can actually afford.

We should take note because our government are continuing to spend more than we as a nation can earn, and we as the people who live on the island are continuing to spend on imports more than we can earn with exports.

EVERY gallon of petrol we put in our cars has to be bought from offshore. Every car we put it is has to be bought offshore. Every bit of gas we use to generate electricity or heat our homes and factories has to be bought from offshore.

And STILL the huge and mostly useless government refuse to make the cuts so desperately needed.

I suppose that it will take being pushed from the state of insolvency that we are now in into bankruptcy when our creditors start to foreclose to make our useless government and the people who demand job protection at all costs and others demanding increases on already unaffordable wages to get the message home.

spook,you have got it so right,these so called politicians we have just dont get it, and our reserves [anything left??] will soon be gone,when are the manx politico's,and civil service going to smell the coffee, the civil service is 100% overstaffed,and our political masters would have all you sheeple believe we REALLY need all these plonkers to run a pimple on this earth, the island is overstaffed in every way possible,but to pay all these plonkers you need real industry bringing in profits to the manx exchequer, ffs the days of easy money from the black economies of the world are finished,the banking/finance sector are all but finished,but i'm afraid the numpties who pretend they are running this flophouse have'nt got a clue what on earth to do,i really fear for my grandchildren's future.

Twinkle, I've been smelling the coffee for years as a civil servant, but you've stereotyped every single civil servant the same. I know where the savings can be made at my place.... I know who is expendable, I know who is getting paid more than their pay grade, I know about the special relationships and some of the little clicks, but there's nothing can I do anything about it as I'm just the equivalent of a shop floor worker, I suppose the lowest of the low and the only thing I can do is vote on a couple of MHK's to blindly do what they want to do, irrespective of what's best for the island.

• 3 weeks later...

But ... but ... but ... the suits in Brussels agreed a shiny new budget and everything is going just swell.

Please don't temper the illusion that all is well with your shockingly truthful rhetoric!!!

Did you note the Spanish airport workers strike got about 0.00001 of a second coverage on the news ... ?

Archived