Thief

Addie

CCTV, The 21C answer to fighting crime on the streets.

Well apart from the fact that most £20 webcams offer better quality images!

Going by the pics in the Courier, the police will be looking for: a person... in clothes... possibley greyish clothes...

the pics are generally a hell of a lot better when you see them first hand rather than in the paper for some reason...

...the fact that they were even working is a bonus though, on the three separate occasions I have had call to need the Douglas CCTV system (one mugging, two burglaries) they have been broken.

What is the point?

"Smile, you're on camera (maybe)"

Who asked her that? No-one has the right to know your pin. You can't even call your bank to find out. It has to bemailed?

But then, I stand to be corrected.

It was a case of 'Have you got your PIN?' implying 'You need a PIN to buy things on this new-fangled technology'

Not sure about others here, but I felt safer with the old system.

New system means a card thief has a card he can do nothing with without a PIN, while with the old system the only other thing needed (signature) was right there on the card for anyone to take 5 minutes perfecting before going on a shopping spree with your card.

The new system is miles better, no doubt about it.

to take 5 minutes perfecting before going on a shopping spree with your card

In fairness they didn't even need to do that, I'd say that 90% of shop assistants don't look closely at the signature on a credit card and whether it really matches up on the receipt.

It has been advertised that when putting in your pin in a shop that you have very right to pick the "thing" up so no one can see what number you put in! I do this but i think alot of people maybe embarresed to do so!

Archived