Medic Refused Rifle Training

Terse

shitty low paid work that has nothing to do with their interests is absolutely awful.

I was an electronics engineer. I hear plumbers and carpenters are paided pretty well. There are many trades in the Armed Forces that are more than relevant in civvie street.

Work should be related to a person interested???? Cloud cuckooland.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fucks sake. The question was largely rhetorical, as it was something of a poor statement for you to make about someone's politics being no use as compared 'something real' that's done in the world.

It says a little of something that you replied solely to that point and feel a need to demonstrate your worth. It's a rather childlike - you don't need to prove yourself. Anyway, I'll get my UHU, cardboard, and glitter out and make you a pretty medal.

shitty low paid work that has nothing to do with their interests is absolutely awful.

I was an electronics engineer. I hear plumbers and carpenters are paided pretty well. There are many trades in the Armed Forces that are more than relevant in civvie street.

Work should be related to a person interested???? Cloud cuckooland.

I was thought you meant just forcing people to do work they have no interest in but in the Armed Forces as well? You are having a laugh.

The Armed Forces should be reserved for those who actually want to be in that environment, not for those who are unfortunate enough to not be able to find a job.

If some people want to have a lifestyle that would be even more regimented than schooling and the 9-5 of a day job then fine. But you shouldn't make others endure the subservience that such a lifestyle demands.

And yes, people should have the opportunity to find work they enjoy and ideally where they can meet their own goals in life. It's not far fetched. Moreover, it isn't someone fault they can't get a job. It's the society's fault and that society has no justification for using force on those who can't find a job by putting them into forced labour.

Fucks sake. The question was largely rhetorical, as it was something of a poor statement for you to make about someone's politics being no use as compared 'something real' that's done in the world.

It says a little of something that you replied solely to that point and feel a need to demonstrate your worth. It's a rather childlike - you don't need to prove yourself. Anyway, I'll get my UHU, cardboard, and glitter out and make you a pretty medal.

You asked the question, I answered. Its not my fault that my response made you look more of a joke than you already are.

I don't need you to make me a medal. I know that I have contributed to society rather than being a burden on it.

I was thought you meant just forcing people to do work they have no interest in but in the Armed Forces as well? You are having a laugh.

The Armed Forces should be reserved for those who actually want to be in that environment, not for those who are unfortunate enough to not be able to find a job.

If some people want to have a lifestyle that would be even more regimented than schooling and the 9-5 of a day job then fine. But you shouldn't make others endure the subservience that such a lifestyle demands.

And yes, people should have the opportunity to find work they enjoy and ideally where they can meet their own goals in life. It's not far fetched. Moreover, it isn't someone fault they can't get a job. It's the society's fault and that society has no justification for using force on those who can't find a job by putting them into forced labour.

Better a job than no job.

"Moreover, it isn't someone fault they can't get a job. It's the society's fault and that society has no justification for using force on those who can't find a job by putting them into forced labour."

You are completely clueless. Yes there are people who cant get jobs for genuine reasons. But there is also a massive chunk of the population that is on the skive or people who think they can get jobs as architects drinking Stella on street corners with no GCSEs.

The only people who blame society for all their problems need to look a bit closer to home for the source of their problems.

You asked the question, I answered. Its not my fault that my response made you look more of a joke than you already are.

Why? Because you think your responses made you out to be someone has offered a great deal? Why the interest in it?

I don't need you to make me a medal. I know that I have contributed to society rather than being a burden on it.
You know it. But you seem to be eager to make sure I know it too and that some poor comparison is drawn. I don't really know what you're on about to be honest.

Better a job than no job.

Wrong. Better to be able to make choices as much as possible than be forced to do something they really don't want to do.

If someone leaves school at 18 and wanted to go into computing and the best they could get is plumbling, which they hate the idea of then it would be completely wrong to force them to do it.

You are completely clueless. Yes there are people who cant get jobs for genuine reasons. But there is also a massive chunk of the population that is on the skive or people who think they can get jobs as architects drinking Stella on street corners with no GCSEs.
Yeah, many don't work out of choice. Then why put them in the Armed Forces when they could work in a civilian job?

Wrong. Better to be able to make choices as much as possible than be forced to do something they really don't want to do.

If someone leaves school at 18 and wanted to go into computing and the best they could get is plumbling, which they hate the idea of then it would be completely wrong to force them to do it.

Yeah, many don't work out of choice. Then why put them in the Armed Forces when they could work in a civilian job?

Not everybody gets the job of their dreams. Tough shit. Its rough all over. If you wanted a job in computing and ended up a plumber, tough shit. Either you didn't study hard enough, or didn't study at all or studied the wrong thing. Not the world or societies fault. Just yours.

If they could get a job in civvie street, why don't they? Opting out isn't (well shouldn't be in a just world) an option.

We don't have to talk about dream jobs, although in half-decent society people should be able to perform work so they meet their own goals and do something productive for themselves and others. That's not the world we live in. But even if we talk about the one we live in, people shouldn't be forced to undertake work they have no interest in.

Say you have the case where there is high unemployment or where there are no computing jobs, such people shouldn't be told what job to do. People should at least have the choice.

We don't have to talk about dream jobs, although in half-decent society people should be able to perform work so they meet their own goals and do something productive for themselves and others. That's not the world we live in. But even if we talk about the one we live in, people shouldn't be forced to undertake work they have no interest in.

Say you have the case where there is high unemployment or where there are no computing jobs, such people shouldn't be told what job to do. People should at least have the choice.

Move. If there isn't the employment option that suits your needs then go when it is. Or manage your expectations. Thats the real world. Man up or go home.

But why should someone move away from their home and family, for example? Or maybe move to another country? The only reaons why there are so few opportunities and why the working day and the wage system is so rigid is because of our own doing. If society doesn't like the result such as people unwilling to do crap work then tought shit for society, we'll pay for those who won't do it.

Schemes that you favour aren't the solution.

Just seen this....

Ballaughbiker - just to add, is it really the case then that people in the Armed Forces are utter morons? You seem to imply that they are by commenting on the fact that they have no political outlook.

I never said anything of the sort and neither did I imply it. You seem as usual to misinterpret what I said. However to be crystal clear it is the services that don't give a stuff about his political outlook rather than your misinterpretation that he had no political outlook. Is that clearer?

If society doesn't like the result such as people unwilling to do crap work then tought shit for society, we'll pay for those who won't do it.

Who is this "we'll" crap? You mean those of us who have jobs? Why should those of us who work support the lifestyle of those who choose not to work or move to where work is?

I'll tell you what that is called free loading or being a parasite.

Just seen this....

Ballaughbiker - just to add, is it really the case then that people in the Armed Forces are utter morons? You seem to imply that they are by commenting on the fact that they have no political outlook.

I never said anything of the sort and neither did I imply it. You seem as usual to misinterpret what I said. However to be crystal clear it is the services that don't give a stuff about his political outlook rather than your misinterpretation that he had no political outlook. Is that clearer?

You implied that the men in the forces don't have any political opinions. I don't know what you mean people in the services caring about the man's outlook, that isn't something we were talking about.

Who is this "we'll" crap? You mean those of us who have jobs? Why should those of us who work support the lifestyle of those who choose not to work or move to where work is?

I'll tell you what that is called free loading or being a parasite.

If ending up sitting on your arse is the alternative of being FORCED to do work you have no interest in then you can call it free loading. But being a free loader in these circumstances has far more dignity and integrity than one forced to do work. One is a slave to other's money and the other is a slave to people's choices with all the alienating psychology that such work would bring.

Archived