Wanted: Ford Galaxy For Spares

Paul H

I have a 1.9 TDi Ford Galaxy in need of a replacement engine so I'm looking for a cheap donor car. I don't care if it's accident damaged, battered and bruised just as long as it has the right engine. Up to £700 cash waiting for the right car and I'm not put off by high mileage either!

Contact Paul Heavey on 301155 or email taxis@manx.net

Thank you :)

Thanks Nitro, Just waiting for him to come back to me with the engine code to see if it's the same as mine (you're right about the price) :rolleyes:

Well in the condition described its probably worth closer to £400!

Wouldn't Seat Alhambra and VW sharon engines fit a galaxy?, As far i'm aware all the diesel TDI lumps are VW?

Thanks Nitro, Just waiting for him to come back to me with the engine code to see if it's the same as mine (you're right about the price) :rolleyes:

Wouldn't Seat Alhambra and VW sharon engines fit a galaxy?, As far i'm aware all the diesel TDI lumps are VW?

Yes, apparently all these engines are very similar. However there were quite a few variations regarding cylinder heads, power outputs, pumps and injectors etc and the better the match the easier the transplant will be. I have to bare in mind that the labour on this job is likley to be bigger than the cost of the donor car! Failing all this I'm going to be left with a 2003 Galaxy in mint condition with 168,000 miles on it, a siezed engine and no use to anyone. :(

It's a bit of bad luck really, I had only hoped to get another six months out of her before she was due replacement. But hey, that's life!

Yes, apparently all these engines are very similar. However there were quite a few variations regarding cylinder heads, power outputs, pumps and injectors etc and the better the match the easier the transplant will be. I have to bare in mind that the labour on this job is likley to be bigger than the cost of the donor car! Failing all this I'm going to be left with a 2003 Galaxy in mint condition with 168,000 miles on it, a siezed engine and no use to anyone. :(

It's a bit of bad luck really, I had only hoped to get another six months out of her before she was due replacement. But hey, that's life!

Interesting, so a candidate for election runs things into the ground then spends as little as possible getting it to work for another three months. A shoe-in for running the buses then.

Interesting, so a candidate for election runs things into the ground then spends as little as possible getting it to work for another three months. A shoe-in for running the buses then.

:rolleyes:

Archived