The (New Improved) Best Album Ever Thread

thebees

Has anyone actually even got System 7's Up? They do a couple of tracks with a guy called Gerald, quite retro but modern at the same time, he played them Thursday night at the Spirit of 71 stage at Glastonbury with the funktion one experimental sound field (cue speaker geekology from Mrbees) - anyway the album is on Spotify, we like Funky Gong the best, go on listen to it, you know you'll be happier for it, lol. I don't like Funky Gong the best , I like it but really, I like the whole album the best, normally I wake up with Younger Brother or Shpongle in my head, not since I got this, B'weeeew new new new new new new, it is great!

Future Sound of London - Dead Cities was always one of my motorway faves.

My motorway fave sound would have to be the Wurzels meeting Morrissey in a head-on collision, with the entire casts of Corrie and Emerdale behind in coaches swerving to avoid the crash, but crashing, rolling down and blowing up down the motorway embankment.

Future Sound of London - Dead Cities was always one of my motorway faves.

My motorway fave sound would have to be the Wurzels meeting Morrissey in a head-on collision, with the entire casts of Corrie and Emerdale behind in coaches swerving to avoid the crash, but crashing, rolling down and blowing up down the motorway embankment.

For good measure perhaps we should throw in Bono into the mix along with the entire cast of Desperate House Wives...

Excuse me. I hate to interrupt your chatty chatty chatty about general rubbish but this is a very serious thread about a very serious album -yada yada yada, the wurzels and Morrissey in a car crash, you could have listened to half a song by the time you thought about that, stop wasting your time with idle thoughts :)

Excuse me. I hate to interrupt your chatty chatty chatty about general rubbish but this is a very serious thread about a very serious album -yada yada yada, the wurzels and Morrissey in a car crash, you could have listened to half a song by the time you thought about that, stop wasting your time with idle thoughts :)

I did. I listened to the one you suggested - but it was somewhat less than half a song.

Yer fibbing Terse, if you listened to Funky Gong you would be telling me Hillage was a genius and the universe really is one. Even heavy metal people should like funky gong, todays favourite from that album is "I seem to be a verb" :)

Hahaha today I got more stuff from pledge music, it's a great idea.

I don't have the album yet bees but have heard 'Positive Noise' which isn't bad - I shall investigate further... :)

And on the A Guy Called Gerald tip, just stumbled across a Hardfloor remix of Voodoo Ray - WINNIG!

It was funny, on the Thursday at Glastonbury (before I had this album) we were watching him in the sound field experiment and I was likening the music to the music I used to rave to in the heady late 80's, it's like proper acid house music & ofc it is, really! :) Oh wouldn't that be just great, an acid revival, yeay! I think it has been coming for a while, there are many squat parties in London & a general feeling of 'punk'.

Archived