Evil In Norway

Chinahand

A lone nutter must be the hardest to pre-empt, with this kind of massacre, there is no conspiracy, no conspirators to make a mistake, just one sick mind in the concept of the death and destruction.

Chinahand interesting reply to my post, i will take you up on the apparent hypocrisy in my 911 thread, as you have mocked me for publically expressing my thoughts that 2 Saudi princes could arranged and financed the events of 911, with the possibility that several of the top bush administration learned of the events to unfold, and did nothing to prevent them.

The Hitler Youth was also full of clean cut, well groomed young men who would angrily wipe the blood of their victims off their jackboots before it could stain them.

A corrosive ideology cares little for the physical appearance of the bodies it infects.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lone nutter must be the hardest to pre-empt, with this kind of massacre, there is no conspiracy, no conspirators to make a mistake, just one sick mind in the concept of the death and destruction.

The conspiracy is that he didn't act alone, that is not comfirmed as yet.....As horrific as the events are, what can we learn from them?, If anything?

People hating Muslims is only going to increase if Islam is continued to be used as an excuse for terrorist attacks worldwide.

People hating Muslims is only going to increase if Islam is continued to be used as an excuse for terrorist attacks worldwide.

The Muslim community doesn't exactly help itself to stop the hatred with it's "closed door" policy. The odd cleric popping out and saying "we condone this act" isn't exactly helping to stem the flow of impressionable young men being brain washed into killing themselves and others. These men are peoples fathers, sons, brothers, cousins, grandchildren, friends etc, yet they move amongst the community. If the Muslim community did more to oust the undesirables from their midst, maybe there would be less anger and distrust towards them. Unless they are happy for their fathers, sons, etc to matyr themselves for the cause, in which case they only have themselves to blaim for the anger and mistrust.

I suppose the TL:DR version is: You're either part of the problem or part of the solution.

On a weird side note, Sky have twice in breaking reports mentioned he played World Of Warcraft.

I wonder what relevance that has.

He was on the European servers, Characters were all called 'Conservatism' one Alliance and four Horde. Main was a female 85 human mage with the guild 'Nevermore' and on the 'Silvermoon' realm.

As you say, what that has to do with anything, I'm not quite sure other than a journalist not knowing what WoW is other than referencing warcraft. The fact that he played Call of Duty is probably more relevant if you really want a somewhat tenuous link.

On a weird side note, Sky have twice in breaking reports mentioned he played World Of Warcraft.

I wonder what relevance that has.

It's about subtly reinforcing the lazy cliché of the probably socially inept and isolated, immature loner.

The Muslim community doesn't exactly help itself to stop the hatred with it's "closed door" policy. The odd cleric popping out and saying "we condone this act" isn't exactly helping to stem the flow of impressionable young men being brain washed into killing themselves and others. These men are peoples fathers, sons, brothers, cousins, grandchildren, friends etc, yet they move amongst the community. If the Muslim community did more to oust the undesirables from their midst, maybe there would be less anger and distrust towards them. Unless they are happy for their fathers, sons, etc to matyr themselves for the cause, in which case they only have themselves to blaim for the anger and mistrust.

I suppose the TL:DR version is: You're either part of the problem or part of the solution.

A Muslim can not identify someone who has attacked an infidel to the infidel without departing from Shar'ia in a very big way.

Secondly they ARE content that relatives become Martyrs.

Trying to understand Islam from our judeo-Christian perspective is like trying to understand Gaelic football with only the rules of lawn tennis to go by.

There is little doubt that the mass murderer of Norway was evil but that alone was not the whole story. Like many people he obviously felt disenfranchised in the face of what he saw as a problem in the making that his nation was ignoring or even being ignorant about and as with the case of most ultra-Right he wanted to clean what he saw as the problem amongst his own fellow countrymen first.

The whole thing comes down to the principle and fact that evil begets evil.

A Muslim can not identify someone who has attacked an infidel to the infidel without departing from Shar'ia in a very big way.

Secondly they ARE content that relatives become Martyrs.

Trying to understand Islam from our judeo-Christian perspective is like trying to understand Gaelic football with only the rules of lawn tennis to go by.

There is little doubt that the mass murderer of Norway was evil but that alone was not the whole story. Like many people he obviously felt disenfranchised in the face of what he saw as a problem in the making that his nation was ignoring or even being ignorant about and as with the case of most ultra-Right he wanted to clean what he saw as the problem amongst his own fellow countrymen first.

The whole thing comes down to the principle and fact that evil begets evil.

The rules of Gaelic football? Ok, the rules on the degree of force allowed in the tackle might a grey area, but I'd guess most tennis players would be able to pick up the game in an afternoon. Bad analogy. You don't seem to understand what religion is for. It is a set of rituals that binds communities, puts on ceremonies and provides employment for eccentrics - a role now, in the West, performed by sport, celebrities and popular culture. When two competing communities come into conflict (such as those Western consumer culture v Islam) the religions / ideologies take the blame, but its usually about trade, territory and resources. You talk about Islam, but you mean 'muslims', and you think they are evil, because you think they are all fundamentalist nutjobs like yourself. They aren't. Some people like tennis, some people like football, some people go to a church, some people go to a mosque, but almost everyone is also just trying to get through life safe and happy, blissfully ignoring the ravings of those who truly 'understand' religion, sport, politics, etc.

The rules of Gaelic football? Ok, the rules on the degree of force allowed in the tackle might a grey area, but I'd guess most tennis players would be able to pick up the game in an afternoon. Bad analogy.

Not really, and especially not when the words that describe the rules of both games have different meanings for the same word.

You don't seem to understand what religion is for. It is a set of rituals that binds communities, puts on ceremonies and provides employment for eccentrics - a role now, in the West, performed by sport, celebrities and popular culture.

Religion is so much more than the pitiful thing you imagine it to be.

When two competing communities come into conflict (such as those Western consumer culture v Islam) the religions / ideologies take the blame, but its usually about trade, territory and resources.

Such is not the case when comping Islam with judeo-Christianity and certainly not comparing an Islamic society with one based onour democratically determined one.

You talk about Islam, but you mean 'muslims',

No, I talk Islam and I MEAN Islam. The ideology, the principles, the thing itself, not the people who have become hopelessly ensnared in its horrible culture.

and you think they are evil, because you think they are all fundamentalist nutjobs like yourself. They aren't. Some people like tennis, some people like football, some people go to a church, some people go to a mosque, but almost everyone is also just trying to get through life safe and happy, blissfully ignoring the ravings of those who truly 'understand' religion, sport, politics, etc.

You really don't have the faintest idea about Islam and its demands. The danger that people who think about Islam as you do is that failure to understand what is involved diverts attention from the basic incompatibility between the ideology of Islam and the Ideology of free society or that Islam is unique in so many ways, none of them good.

Agnostics aren't sure if there is a god. That's not the same as really wishing there were a god, but knowing deep down that there isn't (at least in the biblical sense). Put this to the test; ask yourself why nobody in their right mind would pray for an amputee's leg to grow back. According to the bible that sort of thing is well within the power of prayer, but not one example of a leg growing back has ever been recorded in the whole of history, and I can't imagine any sane clergyman suggesting it. Everyone knows that prayer is really 'desperately wishful thinking'. In the past preachers were able to get away with peddling nonsense as fact because folk memory, personal experience and the bible were the only available references. We live in an age of clinical trials, information technology and instant global communication. There are millions and millions of people praying everyday, all around the world. When did you last hear of a miracle, or a prayer being answered, that wasn't just luck? If you read this and say 'No! Prayers are constantly being answered, its just that God doesn't feel the same way about amputees as he does about the blind' then you are a true believer. If you insert a couple of maybes then you are agnostic. If you know religion is bunkum, but you're socially conservative, support the role of the organisation in society, like the hymns and the stories and the traditions, want to feel part of a caring community, etc, and really wish there were some kind benevolent god, then you are a typical Christian / Muslim / Jew, but you're not an agnostic.

Archived