Amy Winehouse Found Dead

slinkydevil

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How boring would life be if we were all sober and sensible all the time? I would rather be dead than have to live a sober and sensible life. Heroin is alright but, there are much better drugs around, ones not quite so addictive and less likely to kill you ;) I'm not sure why so many get into heroin as heavily as they do, maybe it is down to the dealers or maybe people really are so stupid that they do not know about addiction......

Says one who can't quite quit fags. If I thought your post was tongue in cheek I'd laugh, but I believe you are serious. Your kids must really look up to you!

My children do look up to me, albeit because I am much taller than they are..... I am incredibly proud of my children so, it is of no concern whether or not they like me or what I do/did, they are happy and doing well both personally and academically, what more can a mother ask for? I am deadly serious dilligaf, whilst it is great to lead a life of general sobriety, one must release the inner celt sometimes you know :) By the way, I am quite old now, long gone are those heady youthful days of weekend long parties and pills, powders an' pot are things confined to use in the bathroom, kitchen or garden. I love to talk of the olden days of raves and drugs, I have many happy memories & I find the constant nannying by the state tiresome. It's just a ride.

I just do not see the point in soft drugs like pot, being illegal, should be licensed by gov, and retailed.

double benefit, income from taxes and cutting in expenses of policing such a policy, less young lives blighted with a criminal conviction, i am refering to drugs with something like a fatality rate of one in a 100 million doses or similar.

I just do not see the point in soft drugs like pot, being illegal, should be licensed by gov, and retailed.

double benefit, income from taxes and cutting in expenses of policing such a policy, less young lives blighted with a criminal conviction, i am refering to drugs with something like a fatality rate of one in a 100 million doses or similar.

The MAIN reason that Cannabis is not legalized is that they cannot tax it because people will just grow their own.

maybe, dont know alot about it, but if most american states have either legalised it, or are seriously in the process of doing so, then it shows its time for a re-think, even if that means being ahead of the rest of the uk in legislation, let them catch up on us for once.

You could reasonably argue to legalise all of them. If you could buy your heroin from Boots for a few quid a shot there'd be no more smuggling or dealers. Prison would be empty as most of the crime associated with funding a drug habit would disappear. Users would know their stuff was pure, wouldn't overdose as they'd know exactly how much of the powder was drug and not toilet cleaner etc. etc.

I doubt everyone would suddenly become a crack user if it was legally available.

I think that might be just a bit of a dangerous risk to take wrighty. Young people are already a risk to themselves with smoking and drinking, I recall someone told me about children as young as 10 drinking and smoking. Whilst I do not claim to be an expert on addiction I hope I understand enough about it to know a child could not possibly fully comprehend the implications of 'a life long' addiction & thus to introduce more 'forbidden fruits' would be too great a risk.

It is a shame that the police have to waste so many resources catching non-criminals, the "but they broke the law" argument will not wash with me, I see 50 people a day driving around talking on their mobile phones, surely they are far more dangerous to society than some 20 year old with a £10 bag of grass (lol, do they even have £10 deals these days?), even the dealers and mules are no great risk to the general population, never once, in all my days, have I been offered drugs by a dealer, they have to be actively sought out. What about if they relaxed the laws for those over 40? Now theres a plan. :)

You could reasonably argue to legalise all of them. If you could buy your heroin from Boots for a few quid a shot there'd be no more smuggling or dealers. Prison would be empty as most of the crime associated with funding a drug habit would disappear. Users would know their stuff was pure, wouldn't overdose as they'd know exactly how much of the powder was drug and not toilet cleaner etc. etc.

I doubt everyone would suddenly become a crack user if it was legally available.

That would surely depend on the price of "crack."If you could buy it legally and cheaply then if you were off your head all day you could not work and therefore the taxpayer would pay for it.If it was more expensive then of course you would have to steal.The world would be a lot better off without all of your liberal thinking.One other point..Why is it that the Manx Police (ALWAYS acting on information) arrest drug traffickers on the Island rather than when they get on the boat? If all such chancers were arrested in Liverpool then the prison would be empty.Oh sorry then there would be a number of "Advocates" out of work...

Because a lot of those that like to "dabble" in soft drugs move on to harder drugs.Selling them freely would mean a massive increase in cocaine and heroin as those "rebels" move on.What is wrong with a couple of bottles of wine ?

maybe, dont know alot about it, but if most american states have either legalised it, or are seriously in the process of doing so, then it shows its time for a re-think, even if that means being ahead of the rest of the uk in legislation, let them catch up on us for once.

How many ? Stop talking out of your rear end...

Smoking any drug is unhealthy, and cannabis is no exception. Cannabis smoke actually contains higher concentrations of carcinogenic polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) than tobacco smoke. Cannabis smokers generally inhale more smoke for longer, depositing more than 4 times as much tar in their lungs as those who smoke cigarettes.

Less young lives blighted?

N.B. It really should be fewer young lives rather than less.

Because a lot of those that like to "dabble" in soft drugs move on to harder drugs.Selling them freely would mean a massive increase in cocaine and heroin as those "rebels" move on.What is wrong with a couple of bottles of wine ?

Can you back any of that up with research, or is it your version of "common sense", there no such thing as a dabbler in crack or heroin, they are to addictive, so to me that rules out peer pressure and dabbling, they know that sticking a needle in their arm could kill them.

thats not dabbling, i dont know what makes people put that first needle in there arm, ehat ever it is i dont feel it has much to do a natural progression.

Archived