Airline In Trouble?

Paul H

Rumors surrounding the future of Emerald Airways are being passed around. One even suggests that the airline is in the hands of 'administrators' having made big losses on many of its passenger routes and the loss of some freight contracts.

I hope that it is just a rumour and I wouldn’t mention it only there are a lot of people connected with the industry who are convinced that it is true.

Rumors surrounding the future of Emerald Airways are being passed around.  One even suggests that the airline is in the hands of 'administrators' having made big losses on many of its passenger routes and the loss of some freight contracts.

I hope that it is just a rumour and I wouldn’t mention it only there are a lot of people connected with the industry who are convinced that it is true.

Nothing floating around the financial websites. If the company is quoted then there would have to be an announcement.

Is it a UK or an Eire company?

16:58 - seems to be a British company: http://www.emerald-airways.co.uk/

It would not be fair to reveal my sources as it might be someone connected with the company. I have been assured that the company is not in any immediate danger but there are problems of a serious nature that caused the company to seek help from outside the organisation. As you know, you can't keep anything a secret around here and hence tounges are wagging.

It would be nice to hear some positive news from Emerald to reasure us that the service will continue to operate. Their competition on the Liverpool route has brought us low fares and many flights per day to and from the Island which can only be good for buisness.

that was a quick back-track, 1st of all you're talking of administrators (which i believe would mean the company is in liquidation)

now you're talking about "outside assistance"

bit of a difference.

after all, it could be a rival airline putting these rumours around, after all this is the isle of man and it doesnt take long for rumours to spread now does it.

i do agree with your final statement though, the competition between airlines has been great for the liverpool route, it would be a sad thing to see them go

Archived