Wanted: Graphics Card

ans

My 8800GTS died a few weeks ago. Something went pop and I have a corrupted BIOS display, leading into a wonderfully wrecked Windows display. I got pretty good value out of it really, it was bleeding edge at the time (years ago heh).

Anyone got anything lying around following an upgrade of a similar spec? The 8800 did everything I needed it to really so I'd rather not lash out hundreds on some uber card right now. Anything similar considered! Drop me a PM.

Ta

My 8800GTS died a few weeks ago. Something went pop and I have a corrupted BIOS display, leading into a wonderfully wrecked Windows display. I got pretty good value out of it really, it was bleeding edge at the time (years ago heh).

Anyone got anything lying around following an upgrade of a similar spec? The 8800 did everything I needed it to really so I'd rather not lash out hundreds on some uber card right now. Anything similar considered! Drop me a PM.

Ta

Waltons had a couple of Radeon HD5770's in, when I was in there last week. They're around the £100 (which is about the right price, surprisingly) mark and will play any current games on decent settings, if that's what you're after. Must be something in the air atm - my PSU starting banging and sparking last night!

• 2 weeks later...

Waltons had a couple of Radeon HD5770's in, when I was in there last week. They're around the £100 (which is about the right price, surprisingly) mark and will play any current games on decent settings, if that's what you're after. Must be something in the air atm - my PSU starting banging and sparking last night!

I picked one of these up just now. Thanks for the tip. It's the first time I've bought anything from Waltons in a long while and if they manage to keep their pricing competitive like this, they wont be a "last resort" for me.

I picked one of these up just now. Thanks for the tip. It's the first time I've bought anything from Waltons in a long while and if they manage to keep their pricing competitive like this, they wont be a "last resort" for me.

Waltons are always worth a look IMO, their prices are still, ahem, 'variable', but they're pretty much on the money a surprising amount of time, far more so than used to be the case.

I got a £600 compact PC from them a couple of months ago, cheapest I could find exactly the same model online was £584 and nowhere was doing free delivery.

Aye, I've had a PSU and monitor off them in the past month, both of which have only been slightly over the odds - £20 on the monitor and a tenner on the power supply. I'm only too happy to pay such a small extra amount in order to keep business local. If only more shops were like this.

Archived