Bigger Faster Better More?

Slim

Is that absolutely correct Slim? Someone once told me that as a previous couple that applied, but as a single the rules allowed reapplication in certain circumstances.

You'll know more than I on this I'm sure, Slim, but worth checking out anyway Ariel?

This was on Manx Radio - you can reapply.

FWIW were I to return to the Island as a Manx Worker I could also qualify as I've never owned a house on the Island although a government grant for a room in an Old Folks' Home would probably be a first!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.gov.im/lib/docs/dlge/housing/hp...toryleaflet.pdf

"You must be a first time buyer and not have owned a property before, unless there are circumstances which you may ask the Department to consider eg divorce, negative equity."

So you can get on your knees if you'v got other circumstances, I didn't know that.

Got to earn under 25k though.

FWIW were I to return to the Island as a Manx Worker I could also qualify as I've never owned a house on the Island although a government grant for a room in an Old Folks' Home would probably be a first!

Depends:

"You or your spouse/partner must have lived on the Island continuously for five years up to the date of your application, or for periods totalling at least fifteen years up to that date"

So you can get on your knees if you'v got other circumstances, I didn't know that.

Yeah, I did the whole jumping off the ladder thing and then trying to get back on as a first time buyer on my own years ago and they are quite happy to talk to you about it. I didn't need to beg. Then I saw the salary cap and realised I'd get nothing anyway. Doh.

Archived