Totting Ham Riots

It's very shocking, i've never seen anything like it. I just don't understand why the police are not being authorised to use more force? Rubber bullets seem necessary, i mean how much worse can the situation get? Saying that, even if arrests are made, would these people even do much time? They will be given community service and then back shopping at the same stores they were setting fire to a few weeks earlier.

Makes me sick.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't see how these are going to help,lol

17. 623%

Sales rank: 121 (was 875)

Zumba Fitness Exhilarate: The Ultimate Experience DVD Set

by Zumba

5.0 out of 5 stars (1)

5 new from £50.00

18. 575%

Sales rank: 223 (was 1,507)

Replacement Safety Enclosure Netting for 12ft Diameter Trampoline - poles not included

by Vortigern

4.0 out of 5 stars (6)

Price: £36.99

2 new from £34.49

19. 513%

Sales rank: 217 (was 1,332)

NEW TRANSFORMERS CHILDRENS SCHOOL RUCKSACK BACKPACK

by prime

RRP: £19.99

Price: £12.99

You Save: £7.00 (35%)

2 new from £8.94

20. 392%

Sales rank: 114 (was 562)

66Fit Yoga Mat & Carry Bag - Blue, 173 x 60 x 0.35 cm

by 66Fit

4.5 out of 5 stars (26)

RRP: £16.50

Price: £13.20

You Save: £3.30 (20%)

Yes and a telling off for causing death by arson..

What death by arson?

Perhaps we can execute the 10-11 year olds involved as well. Live on telly of course.

Old enough to commit the crime, old enough to be punished for it.

And just to clarify death by arson was an example.

There were several cases of arson against domestic properties over the past few days, including some very close calls.

Greater Manchester Police have just reported it starting to kick off there.

Every single Yuff they interview is blaiming the Government init....shame most of them can't even spell Government.

Shame you can't spell "Youth" or "Blaming". :P

My spelling of youth (i.e. Yuff) was in street kid speak init.

And my spelling of blaiming was correct. Not sure what "Blaming" is though

Blaming is to blame , not sure what blaiming means ?

Greater Manchester Police have just reported it starting to kick off there.

Every single Yuff they interview is blaiming the Government init....shame most of them can't even spell Government.

Shame you can't spell "Youth" or "Blaming". :P

My spelling of youth (i.e. Yuff) was in street kid speak init.

And my spelling of blaiming was correct. Not sure what "Blaming" is though

Blaming is to blame , not sure what blaiming means ?

Well look at you, trying to score a late (several pages late) pedant point and completely ignoring the entire point of the thread.

Kudos to you.

Back on thread...

Plenty of arrests and reports of shots fired at police. Gonna be a busy few weeks for the courts I think.

Disagree. I worked in fast food for a while during my school years, enjoyed it. Enjoyed the banter with the customers, enjoyed the people I worked with and I had progression through being given more responsibility the longer I was there. The minimum wage vs the cost of living is a problem, but any job can be better than unemployment.

Well, you seem very willing to put forward your view on the matter. But no, I don't agree that employment will offer them the self worth they need. You might have enjoyed your job. And self esteem might be improved in having a job, but only for negative reasons, i.e. society stigmatises those who don't work, even when there are difficulties in finding a worthwhile job. But there isn't going to be much self-worth in most of the jobs the least educated could get in doing mindless stuff full-time for a crap wage. It's not as if these people are simply ignorant of some personal-step up in life by going out to work. Anyway, that's my opinion, but no, no need to argue about it.

MDO

Where as I am of the opinion those identified as taking part in the trouble should have televised trials and then public floggings and/or executions.

Executions? I think you need to calm down. Too many people like you just come across as worse than the rioters in my opinion with some of the stuff that is being advocated or the language used.

FWIW I lived on a council estate in London in the 90s and our neighbours were really nice. And Brixton was posh by comparison.

Council estate ? you were lucky, we used to live in a shoe box in the middle of a lake

Shoe box ? we used to dream of living in a shoe box etc. etc.

Executions, for stealing an iPhone? Really?

Well, execution might be a bit harsh but sectioning should really be considered for anyone who spends 600 quid buying one :ph34r:

Anyroads, fascinating how actions by a few can impact many. Riots in London mean Premier League games might be postponed - that impacts my industry here, thousands of miles away, and hundreds of thousands of people all over the world in many different ways - from fans who can't watch the games to companies losing money, etc, etc. Global market place - it's a weird thing...

I'm pretty sure if Sam Scally and friends had tried to loot any shop here the result would have been a bullet to the head - policy around here is to shoot first and ask later, largely thanks to pretty much non-existant gun laws and every shop, office and apartment having armed guards as a result. Still getting used to people just walking by with shotguns and automatic rifles on their rounds while you stand there having a ciggie break :unsure:

Archived