Totting Ham Riots

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And he would never have used it would he? He didn't deserve to die and the police were in the wrong but 'innocent' seems to be not quite le mot juste.

Never know, he may of made a move for the pistol, or pointed it in such a fashion as to be considered threatening. RoE says in that situation that a shot is justified.

Its morning,your mogadon has worn off.

Assuming this was directed at me - I take no "medictaion" whatsoever for anything! well apart of course, for a little glass of wine now n then! :)

Well gone are the nites of the cider and the accociated "crazy" rants lol, :) (sorry ! ) but i was only telling the trusth, just like i allways do! !

Have to be honest, the cider DID get the better (or worse) of me, it did!

Ive been there done that tho, soes im now in a strong position to help others ! :)

But yes the police have a difficult job and are needed to help those who need help ect, however I stress this again, they sumtimes over step the mark and take things into there own hands when they dont have the full facts !

When they themselves commit wrong doings or mistakes ect (they are only human like the rest of us!) they seem to be Immune to any redress ect :angry:

Writey o, must go to the other topic of were im needed most :) !

least im not banned from the forums YET!!!!!!!!!!!!

And he would never have used it would he? He didn't deserve to die and the police were in the wrong but 'innocent' seems to be not quite le mot juste.

It is likely that the streets are that little bit safer for the loss of one gun toting resident. This is the difference nowadays. At one time he would have been seen as fair game because by carrying the weapon he would have been assumed to be up to no good. He would certainly not have had public sympathy. People used to be hanged for being involved in a robbery where somebody got shot by someone else under the joint enterprise principle. There seems to be some kind of folk hero status attached to these people now.

Arrested for something you haven't done, your name all over the media and facebook and your flat burns down - this instant justice thing is really working, isn't it?

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1456384_police-got-the-wrong-man-salford-teen-charged-with-miss-selfridge-arson-during-manchester-riots-is-cleared

Found this one on display in a tiny corner shop here - the Riots sure are helping the UK's reputation internationally... Big picture spread inside of london burning.

graphic.jpg

Nothing wrong with stiff sentences for people who took part in riots, stole, or burned houses down but some of the sentences are grossly disproportionate and smell of politically fuelled panic and desparation to subdue the masses because no-one knows what else to do.

I think you have got this completely wrong.

They're NOT trying to subdue the masses. They are handing down sentences to a very small minority of criminals - because that's what they are. The "masses" as you put it are by and large good, honest, decent folk who want to be able to live their lives without fear of criminal elements ransacking their shops, beating them up and torching their premises. I'll wager any money that if you were to ask the riot/looting victims "masses" what they thought of the sentencing it would vary from the appropriate up to the far too lenient!

In the UK we have policing by consent. That's consent by the "masses", or the law-abiding majority as it prefers to be known. If the scrotes don't like their sentences then fine - here's an idea to get hold of - don't kick off again scrote...

i agree with all but the bolded PK, even then its a nit-pick as amadeus proves, the masses are of the opinions from too lenient, to, too heavy-handed.

i think they are heavy-handed only because the law has gone soft, the sentences are realistic, now the rest of the justice system needs to catch up.

Realistic? are you taking banned narcotics? Read in the "I on Saturday" today someone who accepted a pair of shorts looted from a shop during the "riots" originally sentenced to 5 months jail (knee jerk populist reaction,now reduced to 75 hours community service-far more appropriate) on the same page some moron who microwaved his cat after initially considering launching it out of the window got a suspended 16 week jail sentence. So on the one hand you have someone who accepted a pair of nicked shorts initially recieving a custodial sentence and some potential sociopath at best who attemped to kill a cat by microwaving it recieves a suspended custodial sentence (I am aware that a suspended sentence is classed as custodial sentence on someone's record).

Do you still think the sentences handed down are realistic? If you do and you represent the general consensus of opinion for the masses then we are doomed I tells ya.

5 months for recieving stolen goods is acceptable, and 2 years for micro-waving the cat is what was deserved.

all cases should be considered on their individual merits, recieving known looted goods in the vacinity of the looting IS looting by default.

5 months for recieving stolen goods is acceptable, and 2 years for micro-waving the cat is what was deserved.

all cases should be considered on their individual merits, recieving known looted goods in the vacinity of the looting IS looting by default.

Although both sentences were custodial in essence only the theft was going to be a physical custodial sentence and completely disproportionate with the crime in comparison to the microwaving of a cat. One is theft of a material possesion, although wrong, hardly the crime of the century and the other was torture and attempted murder of a living being and done in a sociopathic manner as the idiot had no remorse or empathy, I can't comprehend how you feel that the sentences handed down were the correct ones.

if you think 5 months jail is acceptable for accepting a pair of stolen shorts then by that logic the politicians who de-frauded the taxpayer should have recieved 20 year jail sentences which is more or less in line with what a child killer would recieve, are you sure that is justice and punishment suiting the crime?

go fuck yourself matt, where did i say the sentences were correct, i said 5 months for recieving stolen goods was acceptable, however each case is an individual merit case.

I also state the the cat cooker should have got 2 years, and as for your added value shit about MPs, well they deserved sterner treatment, so write a fucking letter, this thread is about riots in tottenham nugget.

Archived