Totting Ham Riots

Folks who are content with their lot simply don't riot. It's not exactly rocket science..

lots of people are always less than "content with their lot" and yet do not riot.

you might be right but I am not convinced that there is a connection between social injustice and looting trainers or burning buildings in Croydon, of all places. This might simply be people basically being naughty and letting off steam. Which happens from time to time.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watching the news PK, police are winning 10 1 at the momment, 25 coppers in hospital and 250+ rioters in nick.

]There are about 25,000 met plods.[/b] That's not a lot really. And 250 scrotes charged with theft will cost an absolute fortune. The law of diminishing returns ALWAYS applies at times like these. Especially as insurance policies tend to carry a "rioting" get-out clause...

I didnt realise murdochs private army was that large.

i bet they regret making the news of the world go out of business now, they coulda had atleast 24 hours notice otherwise.

lots of people are always less than "content with their lot" and yet do not riot.

you might be right but I am not convinced that there is a connection between social injustice and looting trainers or burning buildings in Croydon, of all places. This might simply be people basically being naughty and letting off steam. Which happens from time to time.

They is just gettin their taxes back innit?!

I doubt the girl in this video has contributed anything in tax, let alone understands what tax is and that it goes to the government not Currys. :)

Sky reporter confronts looters:

Folks who are content with their lot simply don't riot. It's not exactly rocket science..

Maybe a mixture of both when it comes to the looting. I do think PK is right though. People who are content with their lot don't go and loot (nor shoplift). I think some of the posters are being pretty stupid when they seem to think this is simply about scum doing bad things. I'd be more interested to know why such people are the 'scum'.

Maybe a mixture of both when it comes to the looting. I do think PK is right though. People who are content with their lot don't go and loot (nor shoplift). I think some of the posters are being pretty stupid when they seem to think this is simply about scum doing bad things. I'd be more interested to know why such people are the 'scum'.

Yes it has been mentioined you would go the "hug a thug" route.

Rioting on this scale in the UK seems to happen during a recession. Almost as though they are masterminded to destabilise the government. Oh and it's usually a conservative government thats in power at the time!

thats because they normaly get votted in to power to clean up the mess left by the last lot

hmm this could be the reason why there classed as scum.

destorying peoples lifes as they go along without a care in the world

post-3243-0-95354600-1312846223_thumb.png

post-3243-0-56031000-1312846233_thumb.jpg

Nearly 72,000 people on Facebook think the army should go in and sort it out.

Just populist nonsense going round.

no you find most people on this earth dont want to go around buring the place down or destorying the lifes of others,

and you find most could not care less if these people were shot doing what there doing.

nowt to do with populist, most folk just want this to end, by any means.

But most people aren't that bright. And that can be gauged by silly talk about shooting people this mass of people who are all just scum.

Now, if all of these rioters were out to harm others or were putting some people at risk of harm then fine. I'd see your point. And I do agree. Where lives are being put at risk, certain individuals must be stopped.

Though not for those who are just looting. I have no problem with the lootings of high street stores anyway, but I think you'd have a hard case to make for threatening to kill people to stop this particular form of theft.

Archived