Nasa Satellite Doomsday

wheels

Well - NASA has now given us some sort of info on where the thing might land.

1991063b.jpg

Link

Interestingly the British Isles are at a bit of a confluence of tracks, with about 5 or 6 tracks being within a few 100 kms of us. With tumbling and everything I'd assume that would increase the probabilites by quite a bit.

Of course the risks are still absolutely tiny.

I wonder if NASA has used a population weighted map to get its 1 in 3200 number as the probability of any one casualty?

Fun fun fun! Heaven's above predicts it won't be visible from the Island at any time in the next 24 hours. The most likely outcome is it hitting ocean or an unpopulated area - but it will land where it lands and where that will be is basically unknown for all Nasa's maps!

so -

There is more chance of getting hit by a lump of falling NASA junk than winning the Lotto. I'll remember that in the queue for the Lotto in Spar later - better buy a hard hat while I'm there then.

This bit made smile -

the heaviest weighing about 158kg, which is equivalent to a very large person.

..maybe that should read equivalent to an average American person.

It's a conspiracy!!!!!

This will no doubt, be linked into the planet X theory?

or another one where it's not out of control at all and is being steered at a certain spot on the earth to see what effects it will do to the planet.

That reminds me, must buy some more tin foil.....

Latest Info here As of 10:30 a.m. EDT on Sept. 23, 2011, the orbit of UARS was 100 miles by 105 miles (160 km by 170 km).

Read more: http://news.cnet.com/8301-19514_3-20110804-239/heads-up-nasa-satellite-descends-toward-fiery-doom/#ixzz1YoHj4Qt1

092411_0334.jpg Will it affect the fault line?

• 5 weeks later...

Archived