Dale Farm Row

manxy

Reference the Dale Farm Row and I'm a little surprised this wasn't mentioned earlier on here.

I can only see the situation getting worse somehow and if the council are willing to spend £18 million on it during these sparse times, they must mean business.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I imagine that the locals would face the same situation too. But one of the reasons why I wish them well and support them is because they would be in the same situation with local councils no matter where they settled. The only option would not incur the wrath of the State would be for them to abandon their lifestyle and sell themselves out to live in flat and houses.

I imagine that the locals would face the same situation too. But one of the reasons why I wish them well and support them is because they would be in the same situation with local councils no matter where they settled. The only option would not incur the wrath of the State would be for them to abandon their lifestyle and sell themselves out to live in flat and houses.

It could well be that this particular council have used the proverbial sledgehammer. One of the travellers gave his side on the radio yesterday and to be fair you could not fault his reasoning. By moving them on all that is going to happen is that the problem will arise somewhere else. From what I understand, all the improvements on the site have been at the travellers cost. As we have seen in the past though, once the council pen pushers start there is no stopping them

Support them, LDV? They have broken the law. If they want to be treated equally, then they should learn to live within the laws. Plus, their option to avoid incurring wrath would be to travel? One of them said that they were 'Travellers' because they went to the Appleby Horse fair each year! How ridiculous. I would guess that we all 'Travel' a damned sight more than they do.

I watched so-called travellers taking over a designated travellers stopping area in France. They now live there permanently and use it as their place of work, complete with scrapyard, a carpet of broken glass and shards of dangerous metal - this is the children's playground. They have made it totally inaccessible to genuine travellers.

Dale Farm wise, the council should have hit this on the head at the start.

I can only see the situation getting worse somehow and if the council are willing to spend £18 million on it during these sparse times, they must mean business.

£18 million? Can't you get a couple of decent flamethrowers for less than that?

Archived