Dale Farm Row

manxy

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had some travellers "move" onto one of the football pitches on the grounds one of our off base married quaters patches. When they were asked to move along politely by the RAF Police, they told them to "fook off".

Fair enough then, can't say the RAF Plod didn't try to be nice. That night they went around to all the married quaters and inform the residents they were going to be carrying out an "operational readiness excercise for the next few nights". They then parked 3 RAF Police land rovers on the footie pitch and set they're sirens and lights off....all night.

By 22:00 the next night the travellers moved off. Job done.

Loads of travelers do tarmac work in Europe, it's their thing. They cannot sell pegs forever. A mate of mine spent a summer working with them, they did an alright job for an alright price - sounds fair enough. Traveling people are allowed to have businesses aren't they?

I'm sure these law-abiding folk pay the taxes due from their business profits. After all, they obey all other relevant laws...

I suspect they thought that if they made enough of a nuisance of themselves, they'd get the six million they were after. Basildon did the right thing

Loads of travelers do tarmac work in Europe, it's their thing. They cannot sell pegs forever. A mate of mine spent a summer working with them, they did an alright job for an alright price - sounds fair enough. Traveling people are allowed to have businesses aren't they?

Do you mean legitimate businesses that pay VAT and NI and bound by quality and working practices and more importantly, the law or are you talking about dodgy, here today - moved to another camp and completely disappeared off the radar if something goes wrong businesses?

They were setting a bad example of living outside off the benefits and advantages of state control, but without any repurcussions or contributions. Can't be having that, it might catch on.

Corrected for you.

It's already caught on. Last time I looked we had a bulging underclass of millions already doing just that.

I'm sure these law-abiding folk pay the taxes due from their business profits.

maybe they should move over here. Everyone here is totally into businesses which dodge their taxes.

There used to be a gypsy camp on Douglas Head.

Archived