Time For Trains #238

Ripsaw

MAJOR roadworks are planned in a bid to make travelling between Ballasalla and Douglas safer.

The Department of Transport has confirmed it has long-term plans to realign corners on the section of road between Santon Motel and Ballalonna Bridge, north of Fairy Bridge.

Director of highways Bruce Hannay said no date has been set for the work, which could be years off, but confirmed plans are being drawn up as part of the ongoing effort to improve safety

* Source *

The title says what I think (again).

I hope they are going to do something sensible :o for a change and do a direct line from the corner south of the Motel with a flyover over the railway and river strsight down to the fairy bridge, but I guess not, they will probably close the road for 12 months or so instead :(

Perhaps they should take out some of those nasty corners on the TT course. Make it a straight line from one end of the island to the other with a haipin at either end. That should cut down on a few deaths as well.

Stav.

If god had meant for Manx roads to be straight, he'd have sent the Romans here.

Instead we got drunken vikings making bendy roads just so would-be invaders took that extra time to to get around, they were that drunk they forgot to consider themselves in this equation.

Source:Drunken viking derek from Anagh Coar

Archived