Logan Metalworking Lathe For Sale

OldLes

An American model 200 Logan lathe. It turns 10" diameter, ( English 5" size). I spent a load of money on a much bigger machine, so now it is for sale.

It has both three jaw self centring and four jaw (independent) chucks, fixed steady and a full set of change gears plus some tooling.

It has a single phase motor which is wired for both forward and reverse action. The switch gear has safety overloads overloads, with a "no-volts" safety contactor unit. Operation of the "off" button, the extra headstock mounted "off" button, or the reversing switch will all stop the motor safely.

This is not a toy, being somewhere between a Myford and a "Bantam".

The screw cutting is imperial, but I use it for most metric pitches with imperceptible errors.

I have made all sorts of "stuff" for both my old British bikes, and my more modern Italian ones.

Whilst I have never needed spares, most or all are available from Logan Actuator in USA.

The manual and spares lists are included.

The price is £500.

I notice I have not given any contact details, so here is my mobile number.

408155. Please note I don't carry this phone unless out in the car or on the motorcycle.

If I am out in the shed, it goes unheard, so please try later. Likewise if I am riding the 'bike!

I guess it will read a text, but it very rarely sends one, but it does call back.

OldLes.

I am fairly new here, so only just noticed that pictures could be posted here, so I am adding a picture of the lathe.

I also realised that my description could have been more complete, so here is some more.

There is a thread indicator to help when using screw cutting gears, which can be seen on the bottom RHS of the saddle.

There is a very complete set of screw cutting gears, with some spares. The three jaw chuck is shown in use, there is a similar independent four jaw chuck included, as is the faceplate, a spare chuck backplate originally used with a very old four jaw chuck which I have scrapped. Driver plates for turning between centres, and two centres are included. For taper turning, the tailstock can be offset using the adjuster screws, just visible in picture. As well as the toolpost shown, the original Anderson "Lantern" unit is included, with some toolholders and HSS tooling. I have a few carbide tipped tools to add to the package.

Under the headstock's cover are the three main speed change pulleys (modern synthetic belt), and on the extreme LHS is the motor to countershaft belt cover, where I have converted the two speed Vee / flat drive to a much better Poly-Vee / flat arrangement. When the headstock cover is raised, both the headstock drive belt and the motor drive belt are un-tensioned for ease of speed change. Using all permutations, there are twelve forward and twelve reverse speeds.

To the right of the LOGAN badge is the extra STOP button, whilst to its left are the back gear engagement knob, and the forward / out / reverse tumble gear lever for engaging the leadscrew. Below all that is the reversing switch, with the primary on / off contactor switch box.

Any serious possible customer can ring me for more info and chance to view and use it. (Bring some stock to try!)

Logan.pdf

Archived