Mlc Vote

Lonan3

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I too have heard the story from an MHK, but cant see how he could be made a minister as things stand. But on saying that I cant believe half the things that happen here

When you say "here" do you mean Manxforums, Isle of Man or what? Just a little unsure of your phraseology!!!

LT

Edited due to a spelling error, again :angry:

I listened to Dominic Delaney on the Radio this morning. A clear thinking and clear speaking politician.

I would love to know who all the MLCs voted for.

Anyway. over to you, people of West Douglas.

Wasn't it?

Downie was superb just before him. He basically said he got where he is today, a long career in politics by not opposing anything and by just doing as he was told by the chief minister.

The manx people want politicians to work together he said. Nice grasp of democracy mate. Not.

I'm sure Gelling hinted at the time of his appointment that a position may become available for Corkill in due course.

I guess 'due course' could be sooner rather than later.

If he has got any friends left, they should have a word with 'Ned'

To tell him he isn't Lazarus and he won't come back from the dead!

As for chatting to Donald, excuse my peals of laughter,

If you're holding hands with that guy - you count your fingers after!

"Officially", in the eyes of the law (the law that affects all of us) Corkill has done nothing wrong and as such many thought he should have remained as Chief Minister.

Until any charges are announced there is nothing to stop him taking a ministerial position.

Many of us Forum members as well as members of the public in general may not he happy with such a thought, but we don't run Government. We can not even accuse Gelling of showing contempt for the people who put him there as he isn't exactly answerable to the voters is he?

"Officially", in the eyes of the law (the law that affects all of us) Corkill has done nothing wrong and as such many thought he should have remained as Chief Minister.

Until any charges are announced there is nothing to stop him taking a ministerial position.

Many of us Forum members as well as members of the public in general may not he happy with such a thought, but we don't run Government. We can not even accuse Gelling of showing contempt for the people who put him there as he isn't exactly answerable to the voters is he?

I have just found out that one of the Builders has/is excluded from tendering for some major Government Contracts as he has been arrested, and the rules for these contracts state that A Contractor will be excluded if he has any criminal record or charges pending, if that is the case it should be the same for Ned.

Dominic Delaney in his interview with MR this morning stated that he was not going to be a Politician that furthered his career on Tynwalds promises of GIFTS and Goodies, he also said that the Paint Brushes are out in force at the moment in Tynwald so members could quickly whitewash over the goings on.

A Contractor will be excluded if he has any criminal record or charges pending, if that is the case it should be the same for Ned.

Does he have charges pending? Being arrested and released without charge doesn't indicate that there are.

Does he have charges pending? Being arrested and released without charge doesn't indicate that there are.

In many cases, being 'under investigation' is reason enough to find yourself relived of your responsibility.

Gelling is employed to do what he thinks is best for Government and the Island. In the 'real' world the line of thinking (that is being speculated) could come back one day and slap him in the face.

Thankfully, we don't live in the 'real' world, do we?

At a very basic level you're right Ripsaw but politicians are expected to, publically at least, keep their noses clean.

Reputation is everything in politics and Ned's is in tatters regardless of the outcome of any criminal proceedings.

Perhaps in time, if he is exonerated, he could return but to bring him back as a minister at this point is a slap in the face for the voters and a political own goal.

The sad thing is, Gelling has so few politicians of any calibre to choose from, he maybe forced into bringing Ned back.

In many cases, being 'under investigation' is reason enough to find yourself relived of your responsibility.

Ok, just the way it was represented was as if there were charges pending on the builders and I was asking if this was the case with Ned. I guess people need to choose their words more carefully.

Ok, just the way it was represented was as if there were charges pending on the builders and I was asking if this was the case with Ned. I guess people need to choose their words more carefully.
I agree with your sentiment.

I am happy to take middle ground publicly and play Devil's Advocate, even though in private I think he should be............*

*Insert favoured method of torture, public humilitaion, retribution for abusing elective authority etc.

Archived