Mea And A Bond

Billy One Mate

Also did you know that all energy producers (this includes MEA) have to make 10% of its power renewable in a few years and guess what mike is doing, setting up wind farms lol, anyone want to guess who he will be working for.

'Oddjobs' for the boys, then?

After a thorough investigation with the assistance of M and after confronting Odd Job. I have obtained information in relation to the missing Bond.

Yes the Bond was called in when the Company went bang but guess what it is alleged that the Bond was not paid out in full because of a serious error in execution of the Contract between Enrons Subsiduary Company and the MEA.

CASE CLOSED.

So what's that - about £110 for every man, woman, and child on the Island?

Or about £350 for every family (on average) ?

And that just on servicing the loans before the generation costs are even considered.

It wouldn’t have made much more sense to have run in two cables rather than the one and bought electricity from the Mainland national grid.

I know the projected costs of the existing cable was around £46 million though I suspect there was over-run and that cost may not have included the terminal plant, however the major cost in such a program is always in the cable and its installation. For IRO £120 million it would seem to me that a modern and more to the point significantly lower cost electricity supply could be now being delivered to the IOM consumers.

All aspects of the modernisation of the IOM electricity supply seems beyond bizarre and closer to surreal. It just doesn’t make technical or economic sense in the way that it has been done.

At this stage the IOM government really should look at taking draconian measures against the MEA. It could – and more to the point SHOULD - be done.

Archived