In Tynwald 20/4

crumlin

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Crumlin, just out of curiosity... Are you the bloke in the public gallery with a laptop?

HAHAHAH. Even if that's not true, the mental image I have of some sweaty overcoat wearing pillock relaying HOT BREAKING NEWS to an Internet forum is the funniest and most depressing thing I've seen today.

In Crumlin's defence, there is a lot of stuff that goes on in Tynwald that doesn't make the lunchtime news and we would otherwise have to wait until Hansard appears 'in due course'.

One man's meat is another man's poison, as they say. I think the guy means well and he's offending nobody with this thread.

Edit: Typo

In Crumlin's defence, there is a lot of stuff that goes on in Tynwald that doesn't make the lunchtime news

Yeah, probably because it's not newsworthy.....

A summary would be fine, but this 'play by play' commentary is nonsense, particularly given that the thread title has nothing to do with the bulk of the posts. It's almost as if there's some sort of kudos to be had be posting stuff 5 minutes before anyone else finds out.

In fact, an 'In Tynwald Today' summary would actually be an excellent thread to start every day for discussion between those who are two busy to attend and are interested.

As it is, the unfortunate Mr Butt is now the title of a thread that's talking arse.

Archived