Manx Radio Listeners Losing Out, Again

traveller

Energy is increasing its staff.

Energy is running full ad breaks. .

You certainly won't score any points by boasting figures on an internet forum.

I don't think the public particuarly care to be honest, they'll listen to what suits them.

I listen to Energy and 3fm, not at the same time like.

Energy is increasing its staff

Energy is running full ad breaks.

As for Manx Radio they've kept quiet about listener figures, but the RAJAR (Radio Joint Audience Research Limited) figures show a continued down turn in audience, whilst Energy’s audience is increasing.

The last publicly published reporting period (December 2004) shows that Manx Radio now has a 36.9% share, and the trend is continuing down for them and up for Energy (first quarter 2005 figures not available outside the industry yet).

If you don't believe the figures just listen and you will hear how busy Energy FM's sales department is by the number of adverts, and what do adverts make? MONEY

Remember advertisers spend their money wisely; you don’t spend with a station that does not have a suitable market for your product.

So the bottom line is Energy is continues to increase its market share, which means that its financial position is sound.

Sorry I know rumours are more fun, but the facts speak for themselves.

Looking at the publicly available data on the Rajar site - www.rajar.co.uk (for the last quarter ending 2004) - as you stated Manx Radio comes in 36.9% share of listening figure for UK "Local" stations - don't know how they do their figures exactly (is this % of UK, or IOM total?)

I couldn't see Energy FM on there at all - does Energy "trade" under a different name?

Broadcaster you have stated Energy is continuing to increase its market share whilst Manx Radio is losing theirs, can you provide figures so we can compare all of the local stations against each other please?

Lot's of advertising isn't always an indicator of good financial health either, it can also be seen as an organisation in trouble, selling as many super cheap adverts as posible just to try and keep some sort of a stream of revenue.

My friend works on behalf of rajar here on the island, they wouldn't say much but they did say that energy seems to be the station on the up.

I listen to all stations here on the Island at different times of the day, I also advertise on one of the stations which I will say is energy. They have competitive rates that I am happy with. I was approached by another station offering "super cheap" rates

I advertise where i think has the most potential for the age range i'm targeting. It's also nice to hear some personality and wit come through, standing in a shop all day would be so dull without it.

Energy's music these days is absolutely superb, I can listen all day without hearing the same tunes every few hours. some other stations need to get some decent tunes and lay off woolies bargain basket.

Archived