Profit And Make Money

traveller

How can the Manx tax payer be certain that intellectual property knowledge that CJ and his former boss will have gained whilst working for the MEA isn't now going to be used in their new jobs??

What?

Exactly what "intellectual property" would the MEA have?

Idiot.

Correct but the incinerator needs to have a regular supply of waste to generate electricity, and it is not getting it, Why do you think the Government are paying out compensation to the company that run it

Perhaps if waste charges were reduced there might be more made available to dispose of.

Probably too simplistic a view.

I happen to be pro the energy from waste plant - it is extremely eco friendly.

Don't you think recycling should have been sorted way before a energy from waste plant was built.

As i found out from a person who worked at the tip the government thought that the majority of the waste that went to landfill was burnable in fact over 60% of the waste was inert building rubble and the likes which is now being processed into hardcore for building.

They have built a white opps sorry silver elephant that is only ever burning 25 to 40% of its capacity.

Why not build a smaller plant and have more recycling projects like in the uk.

In the uk they compost all they can and sell it to the public this way they are part covering there operating costs.

Too Many Cooks (MHK's) Spoil The Broth

I recall one MHK proposing a look at a system (Canadian?) for compacting and compressing waste to such a degree that it was suitable for building works. Apparently it had been successfully used for things like bridges and sea defences. Unfortunately, it was a great deal cheaper than incineration and therefore wasn't given much consideration.

Archived