Radio Quiz.

thebees

When do you have the radio on?  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I listen to the radio quite a bit, mostly in the car, sometimes in the house and sometimes over the internet.

There is a lot of talk about the radio stations on the forums, which has aroused my curiosity and made me wonder about other peoples' radio habits. Please do indulge me.

Thanks - I ran out of answers options but hope I have covered most habitual behaviours.

I mostly listen to 'live' radio in the car

When at home I use the listen again feature on the BBC website to listen to all the programs I missed durng the day when at work.

Its the best thing about having the internet (especially broadband)

We get really bad reception in our lounge anyway - for normal radio listening

Radio 4 then Radio 3, after Woman's Hour, in the mornings. Radio 3 or RTE 1 in the afternoons. Unless there is a good play on Radio 4. Radio 4 in the early evenings and BBC World Service or Radio 7 when I go to bed.

If I get bored with those stations then I listen to Paris Jazz or RFI, via satellite.

(Paris Jazz on a Friday evening with a bottle of wine)

Used to listen to Manx Radio when the Mannin Line was on weekdays.

I tend to listen in the car (catch the weather, news etc) and sometimes catch up on the internet if there is a news issue I am looking out for.

I tend to flit between stations but favour MR for local issues.

Like a lot of people, I used to switch on Manx Radio at lunchtime to listen to the Mannin Line - I'm sure MR captured a lot of listeners with it. It didn't matter whether the contributors made you laugh, swear, groan or want to throw up, it was the most intriguing programme on the station.

Now, I just listen to Mandate in the morning.

Yes, they've turned out a number of good programmes recently, but I don't think they give the politicos a hard enough time.

Sometimes, I think they get too carried away with all the good things about our island - which may be understandable - but they seem nervous of introducing any real criticism. Quite simply, they admire the beauty of the stone, but don't want to turn it over to see what may be lurking underneath,

Radio 5 in the morning, and late at night.

Various stations when the mood takes me during the day - Radio 6, Radio 1, mflive! etc.

The despicably bad 3fm during the day at work, as a form of thought control/torture, by the bosses. The sooner that insult to humanity is closed down the better. xxxxxxx xxxxs.

Five Live pretty much constantly, occasionaly radio 2 (Usually when Simon Mayo is on....please swop him for Jeremy Vine)

Much prefer the Radio to anything else.

Manx Radio was ok, when i was over there (Usually give it a blast via the net at least once a day, currantly)

Found the obituary sessions odd at first.

If you really want to sample radio at its worst, then try Radio Stoke...desperate at the very least (Can't Believe its BBC... radio stoke!)

They have got rid of Sam Plank...(And his Planky moments!)...i jest not.

Unfortunatly he has been replaced by Janine Machin and her 'breakfast museli'

The prides of my radio collection..

1970'S Roberts wood cased stand alone RM30

Realistic Multi-band 'Voice of the World'

Morphy Richards Multi-band

Aiwa CR-AS65 2" X 3.5" AM/FM Built in speaker.

Plus others...sorry to be an anorack.

If I'm not working I always try to listen to Car Park Catchphrase on Radio 1 (about 9.45). It's one of the funniest quizzes I have ever heard.

Thebees, was it you? I couldn't stand Ringo Bingo on Manx Radio but you have seemed to have found a kitsch enjoyment in it - I might give it another go!

Simon, how do you get Radio 7 at night? Have you cracked digital radio?

DAB (with a set top antenna) works in lots of places on the island. And reception has improved significantly over the past year or so. You'll be getting the signal from the North West, Scotland, or the north of Ireland.

Some parts of the island (particularly close to sea level) you'll need an outdoor antenna.

Some parts of the island it might not work at all. Laxey for example.

Dave - another option would be to attach your pillow to the satellite box via a cable.

Mornings - BBC Radio Ulster for Gerry Anderson, then mid-day news on Manx Radio, immediately switching off at the first sign of an advert.

I listen to all other MR programmes which interest me via internet (mainly Manx language/music/countryside stuff) to avoid the awful ads.

Before that Pugh bloke took over I'm sure there were more Manx accents in the ads. Now it's like a form of radio ad ethnic cleansing.

Archived