Radio Quiz.

thebees

When do you have the radio on?  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

"Before that Pugh bloke took over I'm sure there were more Manx accents in the ads. Now it's like a form of radio ad ethnic cleansing."

Can't argue with that! The Kestrel Insurance advert featuring a 'homely American' voice saying something like "Us folks on the Isle of Man shouldn't have to pay higher premiums..." etc is REALLY irritating!

Not much Manx Radio listening going on then, is there.

I listen to Manx Radio's Mandate programme in the morning, although I'm starting to wonder why these days. Its occasional tabloid features confuse me.

Manx Radio WILL receive an award - for the most irritating and excruciatingly discordant radio jingle in the world ever.

But that said I tune in whenever I can to Manx Radio at night , a la DtCB, to Ashley Bentley's show.

Starting to love Manx Radio again, and it's looking better than for a long time, think the Andy Wint factor is finally behind them, but whoever got those jingles should be shot, they sound horribile and very very cheap. Makes me think I'm back in a sort of 60's nightmare!!

Mandate still has not found that edge it needs to be "must listen too radio". The presenters don't grill the guests, they just go for the "soft" option. Lots of smiling and pats on backs.

We will miss Roy when he goes to the UK to do the "family" thing, but good luck mate, hope you find your inner-peace xx

Radio 5 in the morning, and late at night.

Various stations when the mood takes me during the day - Radio 6, Radio 1, mflive! etc.

The despicably bad 3fm during the day at work, as a form of thought control/torture, by the bosses. The sooner that insult to humanity is closed down the better. xxxxxxx xxxxs.

ROFLMAO :D

I listen to Radio 4 at 6 am and then Manx radio from 7am to hear the banter between Brindley and Peters.

Quite amusing to hear Stu drooling over the Steam Packet girls!

"I think laura is lurrrvely"

And of course during mandate listening to members of Tynwald tell bare faced lies.

Ha ha ha :D

I didn't vote....derr, didn't think I could but, I would have been with the majority listening at random to various stations.

Manx Radio is my fave at the mo, I find the gingles amusing - they're not supposed to be serious.......are they?

Radio 4 for me most of the time, quite often listen to Manx Radio in the mornings (around 9am) - sometimes tune in around lunchtime for weather & news.

Radio 4 late at night - world service & fall asleep.

Will occaisionally listen to Radio 2 in the daytime if I'm not into what maybe on 4.

for some reason everything went silent for a bit and then the back up announcement kicked in for a few seconds.

The spirits of funky house don't like it when i take over from sanchez. It took them a whole hour to worm their way through my trance forcefield. They were playing silly beggars when i kicked their asses with some hard stuff! I blasted them into an ectoplasmic receptor box and the harder beats continued.

You made a bit of a boo boo on Friday night heh

It just went silent for about a minute and you were saying "hello" "hello"

If you're training to be a special constable, please note that it's 'Ello, 'ello, ello! No wonder Mr Houghton's so worried about our police force!

for some reason everything went silent for a bit and then the back up announcement kicked in for a few seconds.

The spirits of funky house don't like it when i take over from sanchez. It took them a whole hour to worm their way through my trance forcefield.  They were playing silly beggars when i kicked their asses with some hard stuff! I blasted them into an ectoplasmic receptor box and the harder beats continued.

Yay :D:D

Archived