New Ministers

crumlin

PK, the information you require was posted on Manx Chat a few weeks before some vindictive members of this site whinged to MSN to have it closed down.

And they know who they are because some of them are the ones that joke about it.

How can you say that now? That is not what you said HERE where you infer that the site was closed down as a result of peoples poetry and a few ill thought out posts.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, surely you could set up your own forum/newsgroup outside of MSN (or anyone else for that matter) and have your free speech.

All you need is to find someone sympathetic to your cause to host it and, Bob's your uncle.

Rather than allow all this to happen he should have called back the grants and used that money to re-train the workers.

Ah, yes.

Because, making the Company pay back long thousands of pounds would encourage them to stay on the Island. I see.

Of course, if they did this, then we would all be flaming the Government when the Company closed it's IOM operation completely.

Just think rationally and understand that we will never be able to compete with the likes of China for labour intensive, low skilled operations, the likes of which we are discussing now.

PK, the information you require was posted on Manx Chat a few weeks before some vindictive members of this site whinged to MSN to have it closed down.

And they know who they are because some of them are the ones that joke about it.

How can you say that now? That is not what you said HERE where you infer that the site was closed down as a result of peoples poetry and a few ill thought out posts.

Errrr, he has since obtained some new information perhaps?

Anyway, he can say what he likes whenever he feels like it.

PM on the way.

-

Oooh, lucky Vader - PK says you can say whatever you like.

Please do share your new information that differs from that previously advised.

Oooh, lucky Vader - PK says you can say whatever you like.

Please do share your new information that differs from that previously advised.

It does not differ but adds to the matter with subsequent info found out.

I am curious to know why you have such a rather cynical stance.

In view of such a stance I certainly will not post the info here.

I seem to get the impression that this site does not particularly like members expressing themselves and views especially if it upsets the establishment. I hope my impression is wrong.

Sincerely,

Vader

There isn't an 'establishment' of the IOM or anywhere else. Just lots of different interest groups who often hate each other. Just like life. Anyone who says otherwise risks sounding like a victim IMO.

The shutting down of manxman.com is good evidence of this - since it turned a badly done website into a cause celebre and another conspiracy. Shutting it down was silly and the bloke who had it shut down now looks bloody silly and petty and bullying for being so bothered.

If there was a co - ordinated higher establishment - then they would have fostered manxman.com ... rather than shutting it down ... since it was so badly executed and written that it made nonsense of anything it might have said. It completely lacked gravitas.

But the Manx Chat site hardly registers. It was shut down because it breached the MSN T&C. End of story. If manxman.com was 3/10 then Manx Chat was 0.05.

There isn't an establishment on the IMO. But amongst the groups that sometimes seem like an establishment are the internet - ner - do - wells who will report any innuendo. IMO they are just as alike and worrying as any Athol St grouping.

Blah, blah.....I am curious to know why you have such a rather cynical stance. Blah, blah.... I seem to get the impression that this site does not particularly like members expressing themselves and views especially if it upsets the establishment. I hope my impression is wrong.

I suppose I do have a cynical stance, yes. Cynical in so far as the prevailing content of your posts of late is that of disdain for this forum and for those who do their best to provide the service. You would appear to have chosen to group with the select few who constantly bitch and snipe about these forums, it's members and it's administrators/moderators and so yes, with this in mind I am cynical about believing that this forum played any part in the downfall of your own - particularly in light of the fact that you initially very openly slated your former members and blamed them for it's demise - it now apparently suits you to blame us and our members now instead.

I think you will find that the vast majority of our members are very happy with the community we have, and have had, for some considerable time now. If MSN do regret closing down your chat room, as you have said previously, perhaps they will be approachable and amenable towards setting another up for you. You could then take the disgruntled members who feel they have no voice here to your new chat room and everyone will be happy.

Blah, blah.....I am curious to know why you have such a rather cynical stance. Blah, blah.... I seem to get the impression that this site does not particularly like members expressing themselves and views especially if it upsets the establishment. I hope my impression is wrong.

I suppose I do have a cynical stance, yes. Cynical in so far as the prevailing content of your posts of late is that of disdain for this forum and for those who do their best to provide the service. You would appear to have chosen to group with the select few who constantly bitch and snipe about these forums, it's members and it's administrators/moderators and so yes, with this in mind I am cynical about believing that this forum played any part in the downfall of your own - particularly in light of the fact that you initially very openly slated your former members and blamed them for it's demise - it now apparently suits you to blame us and our members now instead.

I think you will find that the vast majority of our members are very happy with the community we have, and have had, for some considerable time now. If MSN do regret closing down your chat room, as you have said previously, perhaps they will be approachable and amenable towards setting another up for you. You could then take the disgruntled members who feel they have no voice here to your new chat room and everyone will be happy.

You are quite wrong in your views and perhaps it is because you do not really know, or have been misled by one or more of your fellow moderators.

Also I do not blame just former Manx Chat members but also some Manx Forum members who were members of both sites. And one of your mods who knows who he is.

I do not consistently bitch and snipe about these forums. If I was so anti Manx Forum site I would not be a contributor and if Unisol needs more help to keep this site going I am prepared to do my bit. I will put my money where my mouth is because I have every respect for what Unisol has created. Sadly I have less respect for one or more of his mod team.

Archived