Questions, Questions, Questions....

chris

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So let's get this straight, all of this stems from a case that didn't go your way in court?

So now you are out to get the Isle of Man?  And you are going to the gutter press to do it?

Somebody asked why I was interested in local issues. I simply answered. That's all.

People are always having articles written about their cases. It's completely normal. It's what the papers are there for. I didn't say it was the gutter press and I didn't say I was going to 'get the Isle of Man'. The only purpose in exposing miscarriages of justice is to make sure it doesn't happen to anyone else. For the victim it's invariably too late and water under the bridge.

This is a News Forum but gets treated like a Joke shop. This forum has been discussed by members of Government at great depth over the past year and in the words of one MHK is that any topic that shows any promise is soon rubished by a few xxxx takers and lets hope it stays that way, it would not be of any help to the Government if they were to get involved with the closing down of such forums based on the public and press backlash over the closing down of a previous forum.

Maybe those who are not interested in a topic or have no real input to it should leave it alone.

Hello

I love these forums and I am addicted to the local News sections. I live off island now and it's one way of keeping up with the skeet. But I do find it odd when I look for News postings and find lots of silly comments that have nothing to do with news.

This is a News Forum but gets treated like a Joke shop. This forum has been discussed by members of Government at great depth over the past year and in the words of one MHK is that any topic that shows any promise is soon rubished by a few xxxx takers

Welcome to the world of internet forums.

Maybe those who are not interested in a topic or have no real input to it should leave it alone.

Maybe those that don't like other posters posting shouldn't bother posting themselves.

If you cant stand the heat get out of the fire so to speak.

I'm a little lost as to how the original, somewhat pointless, 'same old same old' post has any bearing on the supposed foundation for the thread now?

Crumlin - if your MHK's bothered to read any of the historic threads, they would see that all of the topics referred to have already been covered many many times without being killed off and have been discussed in great depth by many contributors.

I put it to you that if you considered changing your posting style when making news worthy posts, instead of the "I might know something you don't know but I'm not really going to confirm it" style, then there would be far more interest and it would make for a subject that could be debated factually, seriously and at length.

Archived