Government Lies Again

crumlin

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The more I read about our Governmental dealings the more depressed it makes me feel.

Try to remember that you're only reading one side of the story on here....

So can you give us the other side please. You profess to have little interest in local politics yet you have a keen determination to support the establishment stance quite apart from your honourable role as a moderator.

Impartiality? well???????

Sorry I still don't accept what you are saying Billy. It is normal for draft copies of reports to be circulated to interested parties ahead of publication so that FACTUAL errors can be corrected.

Are you suggesting the conclusions of the report have been altered or toned down because of government pressure? And if so have you any proof?

I have been in business for 30 yrs on the IOM and during that time I have had numerous reports submitted to me but NEVER in draft form. These have included important reports for legal action. I have never ever heard of an independent report being prepared in draft and handed to a party that may be criticised in it in order that it can be corrected.

I have not stated that anybody has altered the conclusion of the report in question but I still query the validity of this report in it's independent status.

I myself no longer care what the council of thieves do to the isle of man because i realised a while ago that there is nowt you can do exept voting them out.

I hope that when it is election time next year you all vote for the one you think you can trust, then within in a year you will never hear a thing from them till the next election.

Personally i have never voted in my life and until a canidate comes along that i think will make a difference i will continue to stay away from the polls.

Realise people you are wasting your energy thinkin that things will change they won't they are all crooks every last one of them

But if the report is circulated to ALL related parties for the correction (if any) of factual errors then where is the problem. It is certainly standard practice in the marine industry for accident investigation reports (which do have legal ramifications) to be circulated to all involved parties prior to finalisation and public distribution. Of course I can only speak froim experience of my industry and may be way off base.

But if the report is circulated to ALL related parties for the correction (if any) of factual errors then where is the problem.  It is certainly standard practice in the marine industry for accident investigation reports (which do have legal ramifications) to be circulated to all involved parties prior to finalisation and public distribution.  Of course I can only speak froim experience of my industry and may be way off base.

BUT WHY DID BELL TELL THE HOUSE OF KEYS THAT NO SUCH REPORT WAS AVAILABLE WHEN IT WAS.

£10 MILLION SPENT ON A REPORT INTO A WIND FARM, WHATS HAPPENED TO IT, IS IT BEING USED BY MIKE PROFFIT FOR HIS OWN GAINS

Because it's in draft form. The report doesn't exist until it's finished. That's why it's called a draft.

The wind farm thing is iffy, but they are a power company like, you'd expect them to have R&D. Would you rather they didn't investigate renewable energy?

You can't stop staff leaving with knowledge either. I know you like to bleat crumlin, and some of your bleats are valid, but really, can't you see some good in some of this stuff?

Because it's in draft form. The report doesn't exist until it's finished. That's why it's called a draft.

The wind farm thing is iffy, but they are a power company like, you'd expect them to have R&D. Would you rather they didn't investigate renewable energy?

You can't stop staff leaving with knowledge either. I know you like to bleat crumlin, and some of your bleats are valid, but really, can't you see some good in some of this stuff?

Its not for me to decide how your money is spent, it just worries me that its being spent on cover ups.

I don't think it's about making the mistakes necessarily, but about how those mistakes are dealt with no?

I've got to stop reading this stuff - it's starting to get me down.

That's exactly it, it's not all bad. Unemployment is low, everyones fed, the schools are good, there's some genuinely good initiatives and investments into the future by the government (new power stations, prison, IBS). There are problems, many of them come down to bad governance and a lack of transparancy but then we do have the oldest democracy in the world that's run by a bunch of farmers and small businessmen. It's a tough job running a country, they don't always get it right.

I'm not saying our govt's perfect, lots of the comments are justified, but if you only look at the bad without the good you get a very jaded picture.

Archived