Rage

somewhatdamaged

Anyone else got this? I bought it for the PC, and it looks good, but the texture quality really isn't up to scratch. It appears the Xbox, PS3 and PC all share the same textures.

However, Carmack did hint at a high resolution texture pack that would most likely be pushing 100GB in size. I can only hope he does decide to release it, as the game could look superb with it

For anyone with both consoles who is unsure as to which platform to purchase it on, see this quote from Eurogamer.net

" In terms of the consoles, the purchase recommendation is very straightforward: Rage is an easy win for the Xbox 360"

• 2 weeks later...

1.47 in bios, dropping to 1.45 with vdroop. But i'm on water remember, i had a H70 and there was no way i was getting 5Ghz

You shouldn't need more than 1.32v to get 4.6ghz on a 2600K (especially with the decent cooler you have) - unless you have an extraordinarily bad chip that is! You can actually get 4.5ghz by just changing the multiplier and not even bother touching any other settings. It's best to try and get it lower though as the auto setting tends to overvolt.

What temps are you getting with Prime 95 (blend) or Intel Burn Test? I was hitting 79-80 degrees with my H70 at 4.8Ghz

Think I've been a little unlucky with this chip. I'm back down to 4.4GHz stable but I have to put 1.34v through. Prime blend temps are mid 60's. I'm manually tuning rather than auto overclocking. CPU Load line calibration which I think is V Droop is set to Level 2 so voltage shouldnt drop too much.

To get stable at 4.6, I had to put 1.42 volts through and prime temps were in high seventies and touched 80. To get 4.8, I think i'll need around 1.45-1.47 which I think is a bit too high. Prime is definately going to be in the 80's

Seems a lot of people get same or better clocks at lower voltage so its probably this chip. Board is an Asrock Fatality P67

Don't be such girls!

My overclocked i7-920 hits the high 80s in the Intel burn test, and it hasn't caught fire yet chris.gif

:-p My rig is already heating the room with its temps

ETA. the perceived wisdom is that the thinner silicon of Sandybridge is not good with higher voltage. How true this is, I'm not sure!

Archived