More New Schools For Ramsey Please

Twonky

I was at Scoill Ree Gorree (Ramsey Primary School) the other week and saw a sign on a cupboard door saying 'Caretakers Room'.

Shouldn't that be 'Caretaker's Room'?

Or Caretakers' Room, depends on how many of them there are.

I was at Scoill Ree Gorree (Ramsey Primary School) the other week and saw a sign on a cupboard door saying 'Caretakers Room'.

I've given up on apostrophes (possessive or otherwise). The number of teachers who don't have a clue when/how to use them means the rest of the population have no chance.

And then you've got the people who randomly chuck them into any word that's got an S on the end of it.

HOT PIZZA'S DELIVERED!

Erm, the hot pizza has delivered what, exactly?

I've given up on apostrophes (possessive or otherwise). The number of teachers who don't have a clue when/how to use them means the rest of the population have no chance.

And then you've got the people who randomly chuck them into any word that's got an S on the end of it.

HOT PIZZA'S DELIVERED!

Erm, the hot pizza has delivered what, exactly?

Hot Pizza is delivered, cold ones you pickup yourself?

There's nothing stopping someone from learning English proper like *after* they leave school. Don't blame the teachers please!

Misuse of apostrophes rarely if ever make what is written unitelligible. I you like to use them correctly then crack on. If other people's misuse of them bothers you then I'd count your blessings! If that's all you've got to worry about then life can't be too bad now can it?

misplaced apostrophe's annoy me even though I have far more important problem's to worry about. I bow to Monkey Boy's wisdom on this topic. Are they much misused on Man?

misplaced apostrophe's annoy me even though I have far more important problem's to worry about. I bow to Monkey Boy's wisdom on this topic. Are they much misused on Man?

Yes. For example MLC's should be - "Unelected, freeloading, pointless costly barstewards".

Archived