Up Yours Popey

Mutley

Who needs two embassies in Rome? One is plenty. The next move should be to return to the pre-Synod of Whitby Irish Catholic Church. Married clergy, mixed gender monastic settlements, a huge focus on education and learning and no recognition of the primacy of the Pope.

Who needs two embassies in Rome? One is plenty. The next move should be to return to the pre-Synod of Whitby Irish Catholic Church. Married clergy, mixed gender monastic settlements, a huge focus on education and learning and no recognition of the primacy of the Pope.

But The Irish Republic did not have two embassies in Rome. It has an embassy to the Vatican which is a state on its own and insists on being treated differently from the rest of Italy. Anyway, the Vatican withdrew its Ambassador to Ireland a while back.

The Pope is not just a cleric or priest he is also head of state of the Vatican City state and this remains one reason why the Island's head of state must not be a Roman Catholic under present constitutional arrangements. There would be the danger of the Island's head of state being for religious reasons potentially in thrall to the Pope as another head of state.

Seemingly, it will soon be "legal" for the heir to the throne to marry a Roman Catholic...but as Head of State (of 14-15 countries) and Supreme Governor of the Church of England the head that wears the Crown must not be a Roman Catholic and inherently influenced by the Pope as head of state.

The Island by default through the UK has an ambassador to the Vatican City State in addition to the Embassy to Italy - the current HM Ambassador to the Vatican City State aka Holy See is Nigel Marcus Baker OBE MVO.

Is he (popey) not also successor to Saint Peter the Apostle and 'The Vicar of Jesus Christ'

Possibly God might care to review his earthly senior management team

'Suffer the little children'

And haven't they just...

But The Irish Republic did not have two embassies in Rome. It has an embassy to the Vatican which is a state on its own and insists on being treated differently from the rest of Italy.

Quite right if one wants to be pedantic about it. And its been there since 1929. But it is surrounded by Rome and the ambassador at the Irish Embassy in Rome can deal with a small 'city-state' inside the city of Rome. Why waste money.

Profane? No. Disrespectful maybe. But then again this is the head of an organisation that has wilfully turned a blind eye to, some might argue promoted, wholesale child abuse in many countries for decades. So as someone who witnessed some of the "sensitivity" of the Catholic Church and their dealings with children I'm laughing my ass off as the Catholic Church burns and implodes. Oh and you can go fuck yourself. Polite enough for you? Must be the Catholic in me coming out...

Profane? No. Disrespectful maybe. But then again this is the head of an organisation that has wilfully turned a blind eye to, some might argue promoted, wholesale child abuse in many countries for decades. So as someone who witnessed some of the "sensitivity" of the Catholic Church and their dealings with children I'm laughing my ass off as the Catholic Church burns and implodes. Oh and you can go fuck yourself. Polite enough for you? Must be the Catholic in me coming out...

Nothing like a good intelligent conversation. How many people in the world are Catholics? Are they all sexual abusers?

It is like saying that because some unfortunate Manx man was judged to have been a thief "all Manx men are thieves.

And by the way -- how does one have sexual intercourse with oneself? Surely you have a good idea on that as well.

Cheers.

Hmmm a Catholic church in Ireland which has just rejected the authority of the pope..... wait a minute don't you get that sense of DeJaVu ???.......

"When the church in England broke communion from the Roman Catholic Church, all but two of the bishops of the Church in Ireland followed the Church of England,[citation needed]. The new body became the state church, assuming possession of most church property (and so retaining a great repository of religious architecture and other items, though some were later destroyed. Following the break with Rome the focus was that of the continuation of the Irish Celtic Church which remained independent of Rome until the Norman conquest of Ireland in the 12th century."

Nonymous, A. 2011 Church of Ireland. Wikipedia. The Internet. Some server in a cupboard somewhere.

Very valid point.

Archived