Giant Pandas

Blade Runner

It has been reported that Edinburgh Zoo is paying £600,000 per annum rent for these animals.Is it just me but I do not think this is ethical that rare and endangered animals should not be traded like this

It has been reported that Edinburgh Zoo is paying £600,000 per annum rent for these animals.Is it just me but I do not think this is ethical that rare and endangered animals should not be traded like this

I agree entirely but the zoo is a business and they will draw in the punters. Sad really.

Interesting, but they somehow managed to evolve cuteness, if they did'nt look like they do I doubt that we would be spending tens of millions keeping them alive.

Panda's are a strange creature. They're not even adapted to extract nutrition from plants, for all intents and purposes they're a carnivore that has to eat an excess of plant just to make up for this nutritional mismatch. They also require two species of bamboo because of the life cycle of the plants.

All in all they're not a very robust animal at all, and it's clear they don't have any sort of predator.

Archived