Bread (Ramsey Bakery)

Flossie

But ready meals do in the main taste awful, are more expensive to buy, and are usually full of additives.

That is a perfect description of pre-fabricated bread. As with PK, Slim, I have had my bread maker for somewhere between 15 and 20 years. I keep four different types of flour in stock as well as oats, honey, several dried fruits and various other potential additives. The difference in flavour between shop bought and home made is night and day.

• 10 years later...
18 minutes ago, WTF said:

laxey glen mills  had to import a few years ago

if the grain for milling wheat is at such a premium  then there will be a potential for export ,and a chance for farmers  to make some money  , It would be a good question to ask the Agricultural department how much milling wheat and cereals are expected  to be grown on the island this year , they should have been sown by now , and you never know there could be a potential purchaser for Ramsey bakery , government should not get involved  in businesses such as this , there are plenty of cheaper options for the purchase of bread in the supermarkets , Sainsburys bread in Shoprite  for 65 pence , same in marks and spencer ,  Sad but at the end of the day  if the bakery goes then , someone else will inevitably pick up the slack and make a go of it