Bread (Ramsey Bakery)

Flossie

4 hours ago, 2bees said:

I like Ross bakery, Noa is nice n all but it’s not what I’d class as commercial bread, it is good with soup, poached eggs, cheese, pickle, salads and ham - those kind of things. Ross bakery makes the rolls for Dreambird (that I love) they’re more of a bready bread. 

5 minutes ago, WTF said:

neither ross or noa has bread that can pass as fresh after 48 hrs ,  ok if you want to live of sourdough toast i suppose.

Many of the GMP don't need (and simply can't afford) artisan bread, they need utility bread. Bread that you can buy in your big shop and it will last 5 - 7 days for childrens sandwiches, toast - that kind of thing. And they need it at <~£1.75 

Fancy bread is nice and everything, but bread can also just be a no nonsense staple food. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, 0bserver said:

Many of the GMP don't need (and simply can't afford) artisan bread, they need utility bread. Bread that you can buy in your big shop and it will last 5 - 7 days for childrens sandwiches, toast - that kind of thing. And they need it at <~£1.75 

Fancy bread is nice and everything, but bread can also just be a no nonsense staple food. 

thats what i'm thinking too,  you'd have thought it would be worth RB staying open until after TT  for the bap sales.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Surely be easy enough just to ship in a load of baps from the UK?

well yes, if there is capacity ,  but getting them to the retail and wholesale outlets like RB have done for decades is not so easy,  no good every island cafe and burger van proprietor  heading to tescos in the morning to collect 10 trays of baps.

38 minutes ago, WTF said:

well yes, if there is capacity ,  but getting them to the retail and wholesale outlets like RB have done for decades is not so easy,  no good every island cafe and burger van proprietor  heading to tescos in the morning to collect 10 trays of baps.

why? it's what a lot of them do now anyway. Call in at opening time any day and see for yourself